The community forum

Join the conversation

Nokia - Garmin connection

After the update from Android 8.0 to 8.1 the connection between my Garmin Watch and Nokia phone isn't working properly anymore. At 8.0 is was working correctly and the device was added to Smart Lock. However after the 8.1 update I had to re-pair the watch to the phone, which succeeds, but after a certain period the connection drops and is not restored. Additionally, I am unable to add the watch in Smart Lock (even when it shows as connected in the Garmin Connect app). 

I have tried re-installing the app, re-pairing the watch several times (via the Connect app or within Bluetooth Settings page)and tried it in different orders, but none helps. I even tried a hard-reset but same problem. Initial pairing is working, but after a certain period, connection is lost and not restored (I have to delete the device and re-pair it to make it work for a few hours). Is there a solution for this problem?

4 people have this question

I have the same problem. And now it doesn't even pair with my Garmin Vivosmart HR+.

3 people like this

I have exactly the same problem with my Garmin Forerunner 935. This problem appeared right after installing the most recent update.

2 people like this
Same problem with my vivosmart hr+ after the 8.1 update. I can get it to pair once but after it looses BT connection I can't connect it any longer. I have to delete the watch from my BT list and go through the whole setup process again to get it work for about another half hour...after that it looses connection again...bummer...

3 people like this
Same problem with garmin vivosmart 3 and quatix 3

1 person likes this

Same Problem here with Nokia 6.1 and Garmin Vivoactive 3

1 person likes this

Yepp, look at the neighboring Forum for the Nokia 6.1 same Problems since Oreo 8.1

I ask the question to Garmin and Nokia. Garmin says, it's a Nokia / Oreo Problem. Now I still wayting for an answer from Nokia.

3 people like this
same problem, garmin fenix 5, cannot get it connected anymore

I have the same problem with my Garmin Vivosmart HR+. Connected correctly the first time but now it's not working. I cannot even unpair the device.

Car audio is also skipping.

Any fix?

Thanks

1 person likes this

Same problem here with Nokia 6.1 and Vivosmart HR+.

And connection with BT speaker drops from time to time.  Very annoying indeed.

Login to post a comment