The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

Camera app suggestions

I know this not the channel to give suggestions back to Nokia, but I thought I'd start this here to get a discussion going. I will be going through the Nokia Support app to give feedback though.

Coming from a Huawei P9, the camera app and photos from that camera were truly fantastic. Being a Leica shooter, I found the photos simulated that Leica look extremely well, especially the Aperture Mode, or Live Bokeh on the Nokia. I didn't expect the photos from the 7 Plus to be as good but that's fine. The photos are perfectly ok.

The problem I have is with the camera app/software. Live Bokeh mode is not bad, but it doesn't work at wide angle, it zooms in. This is mighty annoying. You also can't return to normal photo shooting mode withouth going through the menu. On the Huawei camera app, you press back and you're back in normal mode. If you press back on the Nokia, it goes to home screen. This is rather annoying.

Another issue is when you're in Live Bokeh mode, you tap to choose the focus point, but it goes back to default centre after a few seconds. This is also annoying because you don't really have enough to hold the camera still and shoot steadily.

It needs a 3:2 aspect ratio. This aspect ratio is standard 35mm photography format. Having said that, the Huawei didn't have this ratio either, and the ironic thing is, Leica invented 35mm photography and the Huawei didn't have 3:2 either.

I hope these changes can be made with software updates, and I hope Nokia will do it. It will expand the Live Bokeh usability greatly for the user.

What do you guys think of the app? I had the Lumia 800, 1020 (still the boss) and for a short time, the 930. The pro mode is brilliant.

Best Answer

I am trying to find out  how the camera compares to my Nokia 8.  If the 7 plus is better or about the same.  Having had a Lumia 950 I am kind of spoiled.

1 Comment

Answer

I am trying to find out  how the camera compares to my Nokia 8.  If the 7 plus is better or about the same.  Having had a Lumia 950 I am kind of spoiled.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment