The community forum

Join the conversation

System files on Nokia 6 (2018) after Oreo update (8.1) take up 12G... is that normal?

Hi,I bought a Nokia 6 (2018) today and was asked to update to Oreo 8.1. After the update, I now notice in Storage that the system files take up 12G of space. On my trusted Nexus 5X (which I could also update to 8.1), the system files only take up 6G. I think that's rather strange but what do I know. Anyone out here that can shine a light on this? Thanks. 

3 people have this question

It is shocking, it is occupied 12 GB, really very bad

1 person likes this

My thoughts exactly.

1 person likes this
Any ideas how to reduce this size? 12gb Oreo 8.1 System size on a 32gb phone does not seem like the way forward.

1 person likes this

Same on my nokia 6.1

1 person likes this
Nokia needs to work on this as 12 GB of system on a 32 GB device is a way too much. How Nokia looks into the matter and tries to make it a bit compact..

1 person likes this

yeah, i was disappointed when i checked the storage. don't really need 64 gb, but with 12gb already taken, the 32gb is looking sort of small now

2 people like this

My thoughts exactly.

3 people like this
Возможно 2 версии андроид хранится. Только зачем?
It is nothing to do with the 8.1 update as mine has only just updated to 8.1 and had this issue before I updated - in fact one of my reasons to reset (aside from correctly assuming that it would push the update) was to try and clear out this system clutter. With a fresh install it is exactly the same on 8.1 as it was on 8.0 - 1/3 of the phone's storage being eaten by System.

2 people like this

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment