The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

Screen Nokia 8, burn in very bad

Use 5 month, screen Nokia 8 for me, burn in looks very uncomfortable.

Best Answer

The IPS LCD screen used in Nokia 8 can't burn in, theoretically.
- Please attach or link to an actual picture of what you see?

Android comes with multilayer graphics, menu transparency and shading effects, for the developers to use in their apps. Google recently implemented this eye-candy in Android itself and in some of their own apps.

--
Hans

Me too

Tech Wizard

Answer

The IPS LCD screen used in Nokia 8 can't burn in, theoretically.
- Please attach or link to an actual picture of what you see?

Android comes with multilayer graphics, menu transparency and shading effects, for the developers to use in their apps. Google recently implemented this eye-candy in Android itself and in some of their own apps.

--
Hans

1 person likes this

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the picture, it does look like a burn in.

- Which other app do you use that has a paperclip icon just there?

- Do you use that other app a lot? At maximum screen brightness?

I hope others can step in with an explanation.
It is not what I would expect on an IPS LCD screen...

--
Hans

I changed a new phone. Looking forward to not repeat

Very weird, as mentioned IPS LCD can't burn in normally, old plasma tv's could but LCD technology fixed those issues. I've seen a similar thread here recently, so this is pretty worrying. 

The paperclip looks like an icon to add an attachment in a messaging app. 

I've had mine for about 6 months and it's still fine, fingers crossed.

I have to object. This display can very well burn-in unfortunately. This bleeding in of old content from the sides is visible in all apps and all screens, youtube, game, photos, everything. Here's a picture of mine:

3 people like this
Me too, burn in effect apearing in my screen :((

1 person likes this
One issue here might be different types of burn in. Some historical display types (e.g. CRT) suffered from permanent burn in. Newer types (e.g. TFT LCD) can get a similar, but not permanent, ghost image. I'm not certain about IPS LCD; I don't think it should suffer from classic permanent burn in, but not sure if it is completely immune from ghosting if exposed to a high intensity static image for a prolonged period.

1 person likes this

LCD displays don't usually burn in, but they can get image retention/ghosting. Felix's image appears to be just that, since it bleeds over only on the edges. It should be temporary, but it shouldn't happen too quickly/often either. 

1 person likes this

Community Hero

I notice that some projectors get temporary image burn in, aren't they LCD based?

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/w%3D580/sign=fec92028316d55fbc5c6762e5d234f40/0a8f8701a18b87d6ff21e7e90b0828381e30fd7d.jpg My phone is the same ,the edge of the screen getting red when showing black pictures.I don't know if the system problem,if it is ,please fix it.

1 person likes this

So after a day of more intense usage than usual, I saw it too. It went away overnight, though I can almost still see some faint lighter tint on the edges. It may have been always there to some extent and I'm only noticing now because I'm looking for it, which is probably going to be the most annoying thing about it going forward. Had the phone for around 3-4 months now.

Community Hero

Maybe the reason I never noticed this problem is because I always have the brightness of my screen low. Saves my battery and my eyes.
Login to post a comment