The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

How to move Address bar to bottom (Android 8.1 and Chrome 66)

I want to change the address bar from top to bottom in chrome 66

Does anyone have some ideas?

I would like to change the Language/region to other country but I have no selection. (Just set up it for the first time)

Best Answer

I use Brave browser but the process is the same for Chrome on Android.

Go to about:flags or chrome://flags in chrome and enable Chrome Home, after restarting the app (might take a few tries) the address bar should be at the bottom.

Answer

I use Brave browser but the process is the same for Chrome on Android.

Go to about:flags or chrome://flags in chrome and enable Chrome Home, after restarting the app (might take a few tries) the address bar should be at the bottom.

1 person likes this

Yes, I see, but just chrome 65 and before. Nowadays, chrome 66 has released since March so we can not see that option in chrome://flags. 

That is reason I asked this question here 

I see, Brave is still based on 65, my bad. Just re-enabled Chrome and indeed the option is not there in chrome://flags. 

Did some research and Google apparently abandoned Chrome Home, which is completely irrational given the fact phones are getting bigger and you need to stretch your hand to reach the top of the screen, a lot of people seem displeased by this decision. Hope Brave Browser will keep this feature...

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-deprecating-bottom-address-bar-chrome-home-chrome-duplex/

I believe that Google have killed off Chrome Home for now. Moving the address bar has never been a supported feature, as far as I know.
Login to post a comment