The community forum

Join the conversation

I need a whether widget for Oreo

Hi: Someone knows of a whether widget that works in Oreo? Thanks, Alex

You don't specify what you are looking for in any detail. Google's "News & Weather" app has a basic weather widget. I can't remember if it's included as part of the supplied apps. Free and no ads. If that's insufficient, you need to specify the features that you are looking for.
Hi Murphy: I'm looking some weather widget that includes current weather conditions and temperature. The Google news & weather widget it's no working ok in my phone. I'm looking for an alternative. Thanks, Alex
I suggest having a look at "AccuWeather", "The Weather Channel", and "Weather Underground" on the Play Store. Google currently seem to use TWC. Those all have a variety of widgets. Alternatively, you might find something from your government's metrological office/service, or your regional and national TV stations.
I already tried those apps and it doesn't have widgets for Oreo. Alex
That's odd. I have all 3 of those installed on Oreo 8.0 right now, and they all have widgets which seem to work fine for me.
I have Oreo 8.1 Alex
The apps work fine. The problem are the widgets. Alex
I would be surprised if 8.1 breaks widgets that work ok on 8.0, but it's possible. The update servers still refuse to give me 8.1, so I'm unable to test them.
Login to post a comment