The community forum

Join the conversation

Bluetooth media buttons not working in car

I received my Nokia 7 plus last week, which was immediately updated to Android 8.1.

I noticed that the phone is not responding to the bluetooth car controls (previous, next).

Music playback is working, and the phone contact list is syncing nicely as well.

The car controls are not working though.

Also, when playing music, the track timer remains at 0:00. This is just a minor issue though.

As I immediately started with Android 8.1, I'm not sure if it's related to the update, or the phone itself.

2 people have this question

I tried to change the Bluetooth AVRCP Version from 1.4 (default) to 1.3, 1.5 or 1.6 but this did not help.

Anybody else who is experiencing this? It is possibly car related. It doesn't seem to be working with a Ford S-Max.

Tôi cũng gặp vấn đề giống như vậy sau khi cập nhật bản vá V2.22A. Bản cập nhật mới quá nhiều lỗi. Thật sự rất không hài lòng với phần mềm của Nokia

I have a Hyundai Tucson and i can use the buttons to forward or go back a song when using music from phone to car via bluetooth.

I have the issue that once phone connects and syncs the contacts, it loses the VoLTE connection and i get 'geen provider' (no provider in english). I always have connect the phone with the car and then restart the phone.  also when crossing the border it does not automatically pick up the roaming provider in the car (on the phone it does) so i have to restart phone again.  

it's a hassle.  It worked fine with Android 8.0 but ever since Android 8.1 this occurs and the May update didn't solve this issue. :(

I have a Nokia 7 plus. Got it in Oreo 8.1 out of the box. I could play music and answer phone calls while paired to my car audio but it would stall and get disconnected every time I tried to sync contacts. Music playback is jittery as well as it would sometimes freezes and continue back. I have been hunting around but could not find a solution. My other phone (Huawei Mate 9) has no issue at all pairing with my car audio.

Login to post a comment