The community forum

Join the conversation

Sim2 card slot not working

Hi Nokia, This is really disappointing service from a brand like Nokia. I pre ordered the Nokia 7 plus the day the sale got opened i.e. on 20th April 2018 for Rs 26000. I got the phone delivered yesterday only and to the extreme disappointment i was handed over a defective set. The set failed to do the very basic function of reading the second sim card. I have done all the steps i can like rebooting, factory data reset etc but of no use. Now the problem is that i cant find any solution from Nokia for my issue. Though it was mentioned on the nokia site that the pre order would have a 10 days return policy but when i contacted the customer care today morning, he told me that there is no return & refund policy. The only thing they can do is to check for the replacement of my phone. But again it has the conditions apply to it. The Nokia team would take good 24 working hours ( means at least 3 working days) just to check if the replacement can happen or not. Yes just to check these people need 3 working days. Huhhhh.. Imagine, i have paid on 20th April, waited for 11 days to get my phone, got a defective product and now the customer care team needs 3 more working days to decide if the replacement can happen or not. I even gave the customer care executive the option that i can visit the Nokia authorised service centre today itself and if the service centre person finds the problem genuine, he can give me a replacement hand to hand. But the customer care executive ( Name- Yash) has his own rules and regulations for the replacement of a defective set. This is disgusting and frustrating as well. I want my money back and i would never ever recommend anyone to buy Nokia again. It is much better to buy a Chinese phone of Rs 5000 which cant have this sim card issues. Need your intervention and support at the earliest to get my money back.

3 people have this question

I have the same problem although I have not contacted the customer support.dont know whether they will replace it or not.
Hey can Nokia solve this problem I also want my money back ,with a great hope I preordered it but facing .

Hi, I have the same issue. Just got the Nokia 7 plus delivered today and faced same issue. @Nokia or HMD what is the problem here. Can you check and confirm at earliest. This is really very bad customer experience.

The Phone has come with the 8.1.0 version.  Do we initiate RETURN  ?

Yes you can initiate the return ,then they will ask for a video of the defect.They will ask for 24hrs time for further processing.
Surprisingly all the 7 plus sets which are pre ordered from the Nokia site only are defective ones. If you check amazon, all the customer reviews are positive for this phone and no one is facing any issue. Wish i could have paid on 1st May and got an all ok set on 2nd May from Amazon.

2 people like this
I am feeling very dipressed yar ,i also regret of preordering it,i sholud have purchaced it from Amazon they were giving it on no cost emi.It's really a nightmare for us.
True Saurabh. One more thing that i just noticed is that not all of my comments are getting posted. I made few comments last night and i cant see them here.. It means that the forum handler is filtering the comments before anyone can see them. Chalo, at least someone is reading our pain.

1 person likes this
Thank god someone from Nokia is reading these reviews and fingers crossed for next procedure.Hope for better customer service which till today we are not getting.
Update... So, after 3 days of hardwork and multiple repeated calls to customer care, i have finally succeeded in getting my defective set picked up. Will have to wait for 3-4 more days to get the new set. Hope the new set works

1 person likes this
Virkamjeet do I need to call customer care for picking up the defected set or they will process it after seeing the video?
Yes Saurabh. You have to call them multiple times. If i count, i have called the customer care 12 times in last 3 days... You have to call them time and again.

1 person likes this
Ok virkamjeet ,I have called them let's see when they will schedule the pickup.Hope everything goes smoothly.

Hi, I have  the Nokia 7 plus and Sim2 not working. Requested Refund and they said that I need to visit the near by service center for Software update. This was a gift to my GF and has turned to be a worst experience for me. Secondly the service center does not have the latest software update :-( .... 

Now what I should do..?? I have been calling these guys repeatedly and till now no update of replacement or refund....Nokia its a way to GO

Same problem on my phone, tried all possible way but not solved need to visit service centre or replace it
Login to post a comment