The community forum

Join the conversation

Heat issue while charging

I bought nokia 7 plus from Nokia website(pre order) and phone was delivered on 30th April itself. Today (3rd May), i kept phone for charging and the temperature went up really high. Phone is heated a lot and I assume there is certain issue.

13 people have this question

I am noticing the same thing. I received my phone on Apr-30.

2 people like this

Even i also pre-ordered from nokia website and the phone becomes too hot while charging.

Also i got 8.1 with april security patch pre-installed after unboking.

Dod you guys also got it pre-installed. The devices sold via amazon received the update after unboking.

I am also facing same issue, pre-order it and got it on 30th Apr. Can moderator or somebody help in this?

Hello friends, I have received following response from Nokia team. In response to your concern regarding in Nokia 7 Plus, we would like to inform you that kindly follow below mentioned steps: 1. Please try to Force restart device by pressing volume up key and power key button for 20 sec then the device will vibrate three times and device will automatically restart. 2. Please Use device on safe mode for 2-3 hour to check. To activate and deactivate safe mode kindly follow below mention steps: a. Press and Hold Power Key Button b. Then Press and Hold Power Off Option which will appear on display. c. You will get Pop up REBOOT TO SAFE MODE>>Then Press Ok. d. Device Will restart automatically then it will start in SAFE MODE e. RESTART DEVICE to come out from SAFE MODE Further, request you kindly try above mentioned troubleshoots and revert us back if the issue get resolved or not. Moreover, refund is not available from our side we can arrange replacement if issue not get resolved.
The temperature goes 43° during charging. Is that fine?

Dear Nokia Team,

From a Nokia Loyal Customer

Both Phone including the Charger is overheating, right from day 1.

this is my 10th day allowing the phone device to undergo charging all these days to see if it will autorecover from the situation

BUT The Heating Issue bothers a lot even on this, you can cook an egg on it... and I am not joking

Is Nokia Committed to answer its Customer Post here,

Can your team please confirm If there will be any updates to resolve the battery overheating issue

Basic steps have been validated, NO Apps/Calls while charging

Not that Cheerful

response awaited

@Satkumar4194 heating is normal for quick chargers on both power brick and phone. No need to worry about heating it's normal up to 44-45°C if it exceeds it'll automatically reduces speed rate, so it's normal for all fast charging smartphones out there. Leave the smartphone that way while charging, it does its job.

1 person likes this

I have a similar problem, during charging the phone gets warm and gives a warning, a few seconds later another warning that it returned to normal. Then another warning and so on...

This happens between 5 and 15 times each night and basically renders my phone useless since it is waking me up all the time.

I sent a request to support via the website but got no answer at all.

Will this be fixed in the near future?

thanks

1 person likes this

i have the same problem on my Nokia 7 plus. For the first few days it worked well. then it started to have issues.

1. Phone heats up even after a 1 min call

2. from 100% at night around 11PM it becomes to 52% in the morning at 8AM with only email and whatsapp running in background. 

3. Need to be pluged in for charging always. 

As usual, for NOKIA there's always a battery issue - why aren't you doing something about it ? 

What is the fix for my battery issues ???

Run it in safe mode. If heats up, go to nearest Nokia Care. They are horrible. But they can resolve it.

At the moment I'm also facing this issue regularly. Every morning I see the the warning, that there was an overheating issue. But this also appears if a high demanding app is runing for a long time. 

Such things never happened to me with prior phones, even if they had way more heat generating CPUs like the Snapdragon 835. 

In my opinion there is a major desing failure with the cooling and I't not appropriate for the phone.

Login to post a comment