The community forum

Join the conversation

Nokia 7 plus continuously hangs. Device unusable until locked and unlocked again.

I just bought the Nokia 7 plus from Hmd Gbl India website on preorder. The device started hanging right from the first device setup. The screen keeps being unresponsive to touches all the time. Locking and unlocking makes screen usable again. Please help me in trouble shooting the issue. I am frustrated.

39 people have this question

This I got reply from company We value the importance of your concern and regret the inconvenience caused to you. In response to your concern regarding Nokia 7 Plus, We would like to request you kindly visit the Service Center and make us call on Nokia Mobile Care at the Toll Free Number 1800-102-8169 (Working Timings-9:00am to 6:00pm: Mon-Sun) so that we can communicate with Service Center representative and assist you in best possible manner. Note: Please carry your invoice with proper backup of your data and there should not be any physical, liquid or cosmetic damage in your device else warranty will be denied by Service Center side.

1 person likes this

@Pavan munagla

See, that sounds like they acknowledge it's a hardware issue now.

I was really hoping that the freezing issue would get resolved with pie update.but unfortunately its still there..m really surprised at Nokia's failure to acknowledge this issue which is faced en mass by so many users ..the moderator lady Laura suddenly seems to get active as soon as something comes up on Pie update...but seems to completely turn a blind eye to this major issue faced by so many people.

Don't wait any longer, and send it in for repairs. That's the only way to get this issue fixed.

Expect to be without the device for several weeks though... I'm now waiting for more than a month.

I too facing this issue Many of users went to service centres but they got no solution for this So once again you try in your location and then again text in this community please We hope you will try
Don't wait miracle to happen! It's hardware issue. After facing the problem for one month....i decided to visit Nokia centre. On first instance they told that it must be software issue. Formatted my device in after n have in the evening. It took them about 1.5hrs for them to do it. Reached home n installed all the apps. Screen freeze started. On second instance when i visited the center, they told this is bocz of gmail corrupt backup. I said that can't happen. Then they accepted n told to keep the device. Took 4 days n have back with software format. Took home n tried. Same prolem was there. On third instance, visited the centre n have them a moothful. This time also they said software issue is there. I told them take your device back. I don't want it. Then they told to keep the device at centre. Free days later when i called... They told ki hardware issue is there. Screen panel needs to be replaced. It took them 3weeks to fix this. Finally got my device n it's working smoothly. So i would suggest to go to Nokia centre n submit the device.

1 person likes this
Become a developer, then switch to "off/none" the window animation speed values (there are 3 of them) under Developer options/Drawing. Does it work for you?
Have you guys tried factory reset? Try it... That might help you guys.

Hello friends, This screen freeze issue has been a headache for me. After you spend like 26000 Indian rupees and the company gives you defective device, above all they haven't even recalled the devices to rectify them. onus is on us to go to service center and we have to show them and prove them it is defective. It is wrong because many Nokia 7 Plus phones are plagued by this problem. I have waited 3 months. first I thought it maybe a software issue, will be resolved soon and it has not. Even after updating to Android P. For three months I have rest my phone multiple times, thinking about time and energy i have wasted on it, i should have thrown it in garbage instead. Every-time i use my phone i m not sure if it will work smoothly like it should. I have made a video and posted on you tube. Share it as much as you can. It is clear harassment. when company went silent to save its face and hush up the issue, we are at the receiving end because all we did for last few months was to wait for the update. at least tell your customers as soon as possible. below is the link for the video. share it as much as possible. Nokia 7 Plus screenfreezehttps://youtu.be/xxpy-KwFZA4

Totally agree with the views expressed . One never expected a brand like Nokia to treat it's loyal customers so shabbily. Nothing helps to solve the inherent screen freeze problem.

1 person likes this
Guys continuosly tweet to @juho sarvikas he is cheif of Nokia If we tweet continuosly they can know the problem so please all of you tweet and mail to customer service daily till they reply I only one can't do this, with your help I can do this Save the text to mail and tweet , so daily you no need to type, just you can copy and send So mail and tweet daily Not only to them for all whom you know send to them all and forward regarding this issue Hope this issue will solve in soon

1 person likes this
I was facing the problem of touch freezing at times after that I went to Nokia mobile care twice. First time they just reinstalled the software but the problem remained the same. Second time when I went there, they took my phone and replaced the touch panel and gave me after 2 weeks. Now it's working butterly smooth and after PIE update it has become a real charm, after 2nd visit I haven't faced any touch issue not even on PUBG or Mini malatia, forget screen freeze not even a single lag. I request you to go there and tell them to replace touch panel it is surely a hardware problem. Hope this would help. Best of luck

1 person likes this

Guys, i have tweeted the video to @juhosarvikas with the link to video. please share this video as much as possible Nokia 7 Plus screen freeze

Have retweeted.would request everyone who is facing this issue to please highlight this in a common thread over twitter.i did a factory reset as the last resort before taking my fone to the service ctr.and it has spoilt things even further.it worked fine for half a day.but then the freezes became very frequent...this is definitely a hardware issue.have a friend who too owns a 7plus and does not have this issue.same software version on stable pie
Hello guys, Those facing this issue please visit Nokia care, they will resolve.It is completely hardware issue. They took 2weeks time to replace touch pannel
Login to post a comment