The community forum

Join the conversation

Face unlock Nokia 7 plus - how to make it work?

It's included in the specifications but I can't find it in settings.

18 people have this question

Hi user1525416021491

The face unlock at Nokia 7 plus is currently not available but we aim to bring this to you later in Q2. 

Please stay tuned. 

Have a nice day, 

Laura     

5 people like this

Why you guys have removed the Google Smartlock trusted face? 

1 person likes this

My 7+ came with android 8.0 pre-installed. Face unlock worked fine on that version. After upgrading to android 8.1 the face unlock is gone. I don't understand why. I purchased this phone because it is advertised as 'Android one'. On your site https://www.nokia.com/en_us/phones/android it says "the Nokia smartphones with Android One stay secure and feature the latest Google innovations ". I assumed that meant getting everything that is in Google's android. 

I got an update yesterday. Face unlock now works fine. Thank you. 

Sorry about the bad copy/paste in my previous post.

I recently bought the phone it was preloaded with 8.1 n I cannot find face unlock I've seen alot of other people post videos about it on YouTube.. in April 2018 we're in June... So am I missing something here ?

@user1526756072037

My phone came with 8.0 preloaded. After updating to 8.1 face unlock was gone. Last week my phone got the may 1 security update and face unlock is working again. You can find it under Settings -> Security & location -> Smart lock -> Trusted face

I know about trusted face....it's a Google preload .. I'm taking about faceunlock in settings- security& location- faceunlock people who had the 8 and upgraded to 8.1 got it but those who had 8.1 out of the box don't have that option
Login to post a comment