We're upgrading

Be a part of the all-new
Nokia phones community,
coming soon.

Looking for the forum?

While we add the finishing touches to the new community, you can still browse the forum, but not create or edit posts.

Wifi speed issues

So the maximum speed which I'm getting on my nokia 7 plus is about 44 Mbps on speedtest.net app. At the same time my laptop gets 90Mbps (which is what the speed should be). I am using the same server and the tests are being carried out in equivalent conditions. Also just in general over wifi networks I seem to be getting lower speeds than I should. Is this a software bug? Or is it a hardware issue? Also is it specific to my device or the phone in general?

yes facing same issues the whole software is bugged like anything......nokia really needs to push an update so that these kind of issues get fixed.

Okay can some more peoole confirm if they are having these issues cause even after 8.1.0 update I am still getting ~35Mbps while my other devices are receiving ~90Mbps on the same network.
Facing the same problem :( , is there any solution?
I also facing same problem.......& have a wifi problem just with Twitter and sonyliv app. With wifi doesn't work, with 3G/4G are working. I don't know why, I hope a fix for this bug...............

I'm finding wifi speeds on my N7P running 8.1 and the July update poor compared to all of the other devices that I have around.

It's particularly noticable when the wifi signal is marginal. Compared to an old Galaxy S5 I have around the Nokia gets 10mbps whereas the S5 gets 30mbps.

On 5Ghz when the signal is marginal the S5 will get 40mbps and the N7P won't even see the network or if it does it'll often drop it.

Login to post a comment