The community forum

Join the conversation

Music Equalizer

Hi HMD, do the new Nokia 7 plus have a inbuild music Equalizer or we can expect to get it on further update.

3 people have this question

There is already an inbuilt equalizer present which needs to be opened up through music player's setting.
Puneet, There is no inbuilt Equalizer present. If you think of Google play Music's app Equalizer then you are wrong. In built Equalizer exist independently not attached to any app. Such Equalizer affects not only voice coming from a music player but also from YouTube or any video player too. E.g. Dolby Atmos...

1 person likes this
There is an inbuilt equalizer already if only I could post a screenshot, I would show you. You can access this equalizer only through music apps.

Yes it has, but as @Puneet said you need an app to access (Spotify, Google Play Music...).

The equalizer we get through the settings menu of Google Play music is nothing but the re-skinned built in EQ found in older android phones. It has 5 bands, bass and stereo widening controls.

And as @user1524241892777 mentioned "Equalizer exist independently not attached to any app. Such Equalizer affects not only voice coming from a music player but also from YouTube or any video player too. E.g. Dolby Atmos..."

Try setting up the EQ inside music player, listen to the sound. Now open youtube, vlc or any other music player. You won't notice the effect of the EQ.

The only other player which can make use of this EQ inside google play music is PowerAmp. That player has option to enable the EQ available inside google play music. Otherwise this is not an independent EQ.

Independent EQ affect system wide audio.

2 people like this

However having an independent EQ has its own pros and cons as well.

Pros

• available system-wide across games, apps, streaming services, other music players, video players
  • Even the phone ring happens through the independent EQ
  • system sounds, notifications, all through EQ
Cons
  • For 3rd party apps like Poweramp which comes with a better eq (12 band) and audio controls, Say you've listened to music in poweramp. The independent EQ gets disabled during this time. If you want to listen to music in play music, the EQ stays inactive until poweramp is force closed.
  • Independent EQ and App EQ cannot be used simultaneously.

I personally think NOKIA has thought this through and not given an independent EQ like dolby atmos.

Hi, Please any one let me know how to install Dolby Atmos in Nokia 7 plus. I've tried watching from YouTube but no luck Please help

Somewhere in the internet it was written as below

Question: Does Nokia 7 Plus have Dolby Atmos support?

Answerer: Yes,  Nokia 7 Plus does have Dolby Atmos support, but it comes with smart amplifier and Nokia spatial audio with 3 mics

Please let me know how to install Dolby Atmos

Hi there!! I don't have any inbuilt equalizer on my phone there is no musicfx app Please help

@user1530221000228

setting > apps > show all apps > (click on the 3 dots up & right corner ) > show CPU system

Now you can see musicfx on the list.

NB : I translate the menu because my phone is set on french and if I switch to english it will erase my "voice model" and I'm lazy right now, so...

1 person likes this
Thanks for the reply!!
Login to post a comment