The community forum

Join the conversation

Not working SAVE button in "Edit profile"

I read already here some topic about not posible change some in profile (nothing with solving), but in fact SAVE button not working for any of profile field... i tested in Vivaldi(on Linux), Chromium(on Linux), Firefox (on Linux and W10) and Edge(on W10)

after press Button is POST profile-update xhr/json with new information, but end with "500 Internal Server Error"

1 person likes this idea

Hi  user1525553444747

Thanks for raising this issue. I wasn’t sure if this is still happening or not. I tried it  with another account on Chrome and Edge on Win10 and it worked there but I will have a closer look on that and come back to you as soon as I have new info. 

Best regards, 

Laura

1 person likes this
Now i try in N7p chrome and still not work, but maybe this problem is only if login using google? I try signout and try make nokia acount, but say me that me email (as i use fow via google login) is already registwred, not try create nokia account with another email...

confirmed, if i try create Nokia account (using another email), then SAVE button in edit profile work, but if i login using "Log in with Google" then SAVE button not work...

Hi user1525553444747

Thanks for your input here. 

We are looking into this issue it should be solved soon. I'll keep you updated.  

Best regards, 

Laura

Hi user1525553444747 

We looked into this and tried some changes. For our samples the username change worked out. Maybe you could try it again at your convenience and let me know if it worked or not? That would be absolutely great. 

Best regards, 

Laura 

Hi Laura, I try now on N7p (Chrome), Linux (Vivaldi, Chromium) and Win10 (Chromium, Firefox, Edge, IE11)

But in all save not work... on Linux and Win10 all browsers in DeveloperTools still say for POST profile-update "500 Internal Server Error"

Hi user1525553444747, 

this is really weird :/ 

I try to figure something out. 

If anyone reading this is facing the same issue, please let me know. 

Best regards, 

Laura 

Hi Laura,

Same issue, I want to change my email adres in the profile. Doesn't work. Or, in my case, add an option in the profile to disable new messages notifications by mail.
Kind regards, Max

Hi MaxH, 

thanks for letting me know. I assume you logged in via FB/Google as well? 

I know there is no button to disable notifications by mail right now (another point I try to improve) but by unfollowing a thread you shouldn't receive the mails anymore (see screenshot). 

I hope this helps.  

Br, 

Laura 

Hi Laura,

Thx for the fast reply. No, not logged in via FB/Google. I should have try the Following button, assumed it was off by default. Thx for that.

Max

Community Hero

Hi Laura,

Just to add that I can't save any changes to my profile either. I use Firefox on desktop and mobile and don't log into with Ggle or FB.

I hope you get this fixed soon because I've been trying to change my profile pic for ages!

Cheers :)

Thanks for letting me know :) 

But seems like your profile pic changed? Or do just I see it? (Which would be freakin' weird) 

Best regards, 

Laura 

Community Hero

Yay! That's now working. I did another test before I posted, but nothing happened immediately so I assumed it was still broken. Obviously there's a short delay.

Some people still seem to be having issues though.

Login to post a comment