The community forum

Join the conversation

setting app crashing problem

hi everyone iam facing a weird crash in my settings app whenever i try to change the ringtone. (note: this crash started after i changed the default nokia ringtone to some other one using third party app)…..after changing whenever i try to open sounds setting app crashes...

Same problem, but with settings message tone 

Same problem here, but it started after i restarted the phone and my MicroSD card (here are some ringtones that i use) was not recognized.

i have firgured it out. rename the folder where the music is stored that you used for setting the sound, after that you can set the sound again. Then when you want an other sound, copy the sound you want to the local folder on your phone Music, Alarms, Notification, then your sound file is available in the default sound setting. It goes wrong when you set a sound from an other folder then the default. i only have a problem wih the notification sound, it says that the Notification sound is 25989 and trying to change this one it still crashes, but alarm, and the 2 music for ringtones are working. i hope this will help you two.

i have figured it out. rename the folder where the music is stored that you used for setting the sound, after that you can set the sound again. 

When you want an other sound as ringtone, copy the sound file you want to the local folder on your phone Ringtones, Alarms, Notification, then your sound file is available in the default sound setting. It goes wrong when you set a sound from an other folder then the default. i am still having the problem wih the notification sound, it says that the Notification sound is 25989 (some random number) and trying to change this one it still crashes, but alarm, and the 2 music for ringtones are working. i hope this will help you too.

Login to post a comment