We're upgrading

Be a part of the all-new
Nokia phones community,
coming soon.

Looking for the forum?

While we add the finishing touches to the new community, you can still browse the forum, but not create or edit posts.

Answered

Poor Audio Output through 3.5mm

The audio output through earphones is terrible. Always it feels as if the audio is clipping. This is major disappointment. NOKIA 7 plus audio output is bad compared to my old phone (moto m). I listen to only 24bit 96KHz FLAC audio. However I tried with MP3 format also.

Snapdragon 660 has Qualcomm Aqstic audio in it. According to the website https://www.qualcomm.com/solutions/mobile-computing/features/aqstic it should sound better than the cheaper phones. 

But this is not the case with NOKIA. Has the team not enabled this ? I strongly feel so. I tried with all my headphones and earphones. The phone doesn't have enough power to drive them in full volume. Even with tiny earphones, the output is terrible. Audio is always clipping and getting compressed sometimes also. Dynamic range is also bad.

All this feedback given is without using the FX. Even with FX on, the ability to handle audio at high volume decreases only.

Something is wrong with the audio system.

Please do enable this in future update and fix the audio.

Best Answer
The first few times you plug headphones in the port is stuff but after that it's ok. I've found the sound quality very good on par with my wife's S9. Much better than my old Sony.

I am also facing the same issue. I tried different earphones but sound quality is not as expected. Nokia should fix this issue soon.
Actually I feel bad and ignorant for posting this. It was because the headphone jack wasn't inserted properly. I was using 3rd party earphone from the start. You need to apply some pressure for all 4 pins to come to proper contact. If all 4 pins are not in proper contact, audio output will be poor. Looks like we have to ram the earphone jack in, till a proper clicky sound is heard. The earphone jack is a bit tight. On other phones earphone jacks slide in smoothly. In Nokia 7 plus its a bit tight. So if we insert the jack gently like we do in other phones, it won't get proper contact. I found this out after I used the OEM earphone.

I'm also facing issues with the jack plug of my new Nokia 7 Plus.

Every earphones I try won't insert all the way into the plug and I'm afraid to push too hard and damage something :-/

As soon as I insert the plug the best I can, the sound level goes to the highest on the phone by itself.

Even if I lower it, it goes back up immediately. Very frustrating as the rest of the phone is gorgeous.

Answer

The first few times you plug headphones in the port is stuff but after that it's ok. I've found the sound quality very good on par with my wife's S9. Much better than my old Sony.
Daniel, (For sure method) Firstly install Poweramp audio player from play store and become beta tester. Step 2:go to poweramp settings->audio->output->Hi Res output (experimental)->wired headset/AUX-> sample rate (choose 384khz)and boom!(your earphones will be amped soundstage will widen and you get a sampling rate of 384khz and 24 bit)(only works for earphones,Bluetooth devices and usb DAC) It should look something like this. https://m.imgur.com/BUy2Yg1 (Not sure method else you can try neutron music player but I'm not sure about this one)
Daniel, This is how I operate(for sure method) Step 1:Purchase Poweramp audio player and join the beta Testing(can use the free trial version too but you have to become beta tester) (not sure whether or not the normal version of poweramp supports it as I haven't used the normal version.) Step 2:go to poweramp settings->audio->output->Hi Res output (experimental)->wired headset/AUX-> sample rate (choose 384khz)and BOOM(your headphones will be amped soundstage will widen and you get a sampling rate of 384khz and 24 bit)(only works for earphones,Bluetooth devices and usb DAC) (other players like neutron and usb audio player pro might also get you hi Res output but I'm not sure with them)

I already own Poweramp and I'm also in the beta program. I do have a hi res audio collection. I know that the beta version supports hi res audio.

However my problem was solved as I had mentioned in a previous post in the same thread.

Oh my bad follow step 2 of my previous post you should get it

@user1525957311872 read second post of this thread.

@user1525788304826 i followed step 2 but whenever i on headset/AUX sound comes from speaker and volume notification becomes like caste icon, do you have same problem as well?
@user1525788304826 initially the volume slider changed to the cast icon but as of now it's the normal icon but the sound is coming from my earphones when the headphone/aux is enabled and when I unplug them it switched on too native android API for the speakers as it should.
user1525788304826, Initially I did notice that the volume sliders notification had changed to cast but as of now it's normal and when the hi Res output is enabled for earphones it switched on to hi Res only when you plug in your earphones and if you unplug them it will switch to the native android audio API for the internal speaker as it should
@user1525957311872 downloaded beta preview build 790, sound coming from the headset is just amazing! Sound from speaker issue was fixed
Try bass booster and eq on the app store. I found it made a big difference to the over all audio.
Login to post a comment