The community forum

Join the conversation

Source code versions

Community Hero

Hi all, In the HMD source code webpage they are starting to release the required open source for various phones and various versions. It's not clear to me which phones TA numbers and Android versions each package is for, does anyone know? Nokia 8 Nokia8_V4.84A_OSS.tar.bz2 Nokia 6 Nokia6_V5.220.tar.bz2 Nokia6_V5.22A.tar.bz2 Nokia6_V3.700.tar.bz2 Nokia6_V3.72C.tar.bz2 Nokia6_V3.72B.tar.bz2 Nokia6_V3.72A.tar.bz2 Nokia6_V3.70A.tar.bz2 Nokia 1 Nokia1_V0.36A_OSS.tar.gz Nokia1_V0.28M_OSS.tar.gz Nokia1_V0.28D_OSS.tar.gz Cheers

Community Hero

I think these numbers relate to the build version number, e.g. my Nokia 8 has build version 00WW_4_84A_SP02. Unfortunately I don't know what the build version on previous Android versions was.

Community Hero

So whilst HMD are releasing some of the kernel source code, they're still far from perfect. Several phones have still not had a release, even though they were released a while ago, e.g. Nokia 5, Nokia 2.

Also, not all software versions for each phone have been released, as far as I can work out. The security patches page gives a clear list of the different versions of software for each phone: https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/security-updates

Login to post a comment