The community forum

Join the conversation

Nokia 6.1 Camera App Hangs the Phone!!!

I have recently purchased nokia 6.1

The problem is that whenever i open the camera app or any other app which uses camera like Instagram, Whats app etc etc my phone immediately hangs!!! 

Also if by restarting my cam app several times when i try to take pic the phone hangs! and some times even the power button does not work! 

This problem is annoying me and ruining my experience with this phone! has any one faced any similar problem??

20 people have this question

When I double press the power button to launch the camera, the camera app hangs about every other time.
this is actually really well documented now. there are seven threads talking about this problem, but there hasn't been any communication from Nokia regarding when they're fixing it. Keep complaining with the Support app, and Twitter messaging juho sarvikas I guess.

Happens on my Nokia 6.1 (TA-1045) too.

This is an extremely well known bug here in the community, but no word on it. I assumed maybe this was caused by my third party camera app, so I uninstalled it, but the issue persists. Just keep bugging them through the support app and we'll hopefully get a fix soon.

1 person likes this

Already updated to the May update? Several bugs are solved in this version.

the camera is much smoother now after the may update, but still occasionally hangs. most of the problem seems to be around taking pictures before focusing is complete. secondly, third party apps are better with vamera usage too, but still a little sluggish

My problem is the same!! Camera is an orrible app on this device
Hi, Me too have same issues with the camera. Device was hanging and crashed the phone app, finally I factory reset, later the device is not accepting the SD Card. Unable to use SD card saving photos and videos.
This phone is getting from bad to worse. Just now i've got an error "system ui not responding". I think the camera was the cause of this error. The cam was starting up very slowly, then took about 2sec to load google fotos (on the bottum right), and then the camera was unrespnsive for about 2-3 sec. Finally i was able to take a picture and once again it about 2 sec the photo to be processed. I am really starting to dislike this phone, and wished i didn't change my mind over the motorola G6
Try running the device in safe mode, if no issues,3rd party app is the culprit.

"Just now i've got an error "system ui not responding". I think the camera was the cause of this error. The cam was starting up very slowly, then took about 2sec to load google fotos (on the bottum right), and then the camera was unrespnsive for about 2-3 sec. Finally i was able to take a picture and once again it about 2 sec the photo to be processed."
can confirm the exact same thing happened to me yesterday

1 person likes this

"Try running the device in safe mode, if no issues,3rd party app is the culprit." ok here's my problem with this, yes it does run fine in safe mode, but a) we dont know if there is something else that safe mode does that is the reason that is the case b) even when all third party apps are closed, the camera still has these problems, is it a background task? is the solution uninstalling instagram/whatsapp, etc whatever is supposedly causing it? this is a nokia software problem, since this is not the case with any other phone i've used. i have another phone, with the exact same apps, but this does not crop up.

2 people like this
Unfortunately, I had to factory reset the device, later it's not accepting SD card for camera storage. And it's still hanging. I made a mistake by buying Nokia, I repent.

"I assumed maybe this was caused by my third party camera app, so I uninstalled it, but the issue persists. Just keep bugging them through the support app and we'll hopefully get a fix soon." also this backs that up

2 people like this
Same my new Nokia 6.1
Login to post a comment