The community forum

Join the conversation

4G/mobile data not working after Oreo 8.1 update

Hi. My Nokia 7 worked OK with Oreo 8.0. Official 8.1 was updated 12.5, there was some download error at first but later download and installation went smoothly. After update phone does not connect 4g network and mobile data is not working with 2/3g so phone is pretty useless when out of WiFi. Checked APKs as well 4g recommended connection is choose. Resented also connection setting, no help. Any advices please?

2 people have this question

why my nokia dont get the update oreo 8.1? i have the nougat 7.1 !

This is a known issue, that should be fixed after installing June security update. If not, people succeeded to fix it like this: backup the phone, then reinitialize the phone and use the backup to restore it. 4G is then back.

Hi Xophedebx, thanks for the advice, June security didn't fix this so have been without 4g and mobile data since 8.1 update = well over month now. Before factory reset, can you allow link where this problem and fix is discussed, can't find anything using search?
In french here http://nokians.fr/2018/06/hmd-sen-fout-des-utilisateurs-du-nokia-7-plus-qui-sont-passes-chez-sosh/#comments But the carrier has also to fix something on the network.
Tnx, I checked all comments using translator and didn't saw anyone suggesting factory reset if June security does not help?
Hello, indeed, comment seems not to be there anymore.
Login to post a comment