The community forum

Join the conversation

Random reboot when charging

Hi I have charged my Nokia 7 Plus on 2 occasiond overnight, and on both of these occasions the phone appears to have restarted. I'm still waiting for the April update and am running on 8.0 Feb. Not sure if this is s software issue, that would be fixed by the update, or if it could be hardware. Has anyone else had this issue? Cheers

Phone has restarted again. Not even charging this time.

1 person likes this

FWIW I have exactly the same issue. I had thought that it was fixed, as it went more than 24hrs without doing it. But I was woken early this morning by the Nokia startup sound!

Reading elsewhere online there seems to be a few people with the same issue. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed OTA, and not something that required warranty replacement.

1 person likes this
Contact the customer support immediately and tell them that you have tried even factory reset but didn't get solved. See what they reply.

Same here.

Tried booting into safe mode, but aslo that did not solve the problem.

Any ideas? Any way to log what causes a reboot?

Reboots do not occur while phone is charging via PC with adb logcat connection open (hoped to see what causes the reboot...)

Did see the following lines however:

07-20 13:57:27.544  1177  1254 I BatteryService: shutdownIfLowCurrentLocked mBatteryMinVoltage = -1 , isNegativeCurrent = true , batteryVoltage = 4227 , isSystemReady = true

07-20 13:57:27.562  5039  5039 I [BatteryProtectApp]: DetectBatteryService: mMaxTempShutDown : false
07-20 13:57:27.562  5039  5039 I [BatteryProtectApp]: DetectBatteryService: mLowTempShutDown : false

Could one of these be the cause?

My phone restarts after a few minutes of being plugged into any fast charger - either the one that was supplied by Nokia or another make.

The phone does not restart when connected to an old style charger without fast charge.

Have the same issue. Phone continuously reboots while charging on Nokia fast charger. Not tested on any other charger. Also tried factory reset. Issue still persists.

I had to sent my phone for repair, after receiving it back after 3 weeks, the problem is solved (incl. another problem: SIM2 was not working).

Having the same issue.....in my case it happens randomly
Login to post a comment