The community forum

Join the conversation

May update - No mobile data connectivity - TA-1046

I just installed the newest update and now my mobile data is not working. My carrier is Telia. 

I have restarted my phone, turned the mobile data off and on again and removed the SIM. 

Can you help me please?

13 people have this question

You are not alone. I have the same problem with Telia as well. Normal calls do work, also wifi. In addition to your actions I've also reset Wifi, mobile and bluetooth as instructed here

https://www.gottabemobile.com/android-oreo-problems-fixes/

Same issue here as well.

I installed build 00WW_2_22A yesterday and noticed I didn't have any kind of mobile data on my Telia SIM. I tried with my friend's DNA SIM and mobile data works without flaws.

I've been in touch with Telia's support and they are aware of the issue but do not have any idea what is causing it. So far it seems Nokia keeps telling people to contact Telia and Telia keeps telling people to contact Nokia about the issue. As far as the tech could tell, the APN is not read correctly from the settings, even if it is manually set in the access point profile.

To top it off, the update also removed support for touch gestures on the fingerprint reader (back, home and recent apps) and replaced it with a simple "pull down" gesture to see the notifications. I preferred the old gestures, even if the recent apps one was a bit flaky to use with the included case.

1 person likes this

My phone just installed following update which fixed the issue:
com.android.carrierconfig something

This seems to be fixed atleast with my phone. Didn't see any updates though. 

I'm facing same issue with Telia. I tried everything all the way to factory reset my device and it didn't helped.

This problem started 24 hours ago (since the update last night), but I still don't have mobile data in my Nokia 7 plus.

I have asked for an update when this would be fixed, but still no reply.

I thought that problem was fixed. I got 4g symbol on statusbar, but I still don't have internet connection.
Now I need to manually chose to use 3g instead of 4t connection to get phone to c8nnect. And obliviously my mobile data isn't working.
Exactly same issues with Telia fi after 8.1/may security update, no mobile data or 4g available, phone is just reqular Nokia 7. Contacted Telia, data package restarted and all related checked from phone and resented, no help 郎

Have you guys talked with Nokia's support about this? Somehow my problem went away by itself but I was going to chat with the support yesterday.

I have talked with support about this. They told me that they forwarded our conversation to supervisor.
Yes, also discussed with support few times, but cause Nokia 7 is China sold only I need to communicate with Chinese support(via wechat) . They also forwarded problem to technician or supervisor.
Hi, Telia data connection problem Iis solved with toggling airplanemode swich off and on. Minä found 3/4G after that

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment