The community forum

Join the conversation

Say 'hello' thread

Hello, hello 

Since we have quite a lot of members here who are pretty active and keep discussions going I thought it would be a nice idea to get to know each other a little bit better. I welcome you to use this thread to introduce yourself, tell us why you like Nokia, what else in life you’re passionate about, what are your deepest, darkest secrets or just whatever you want to share with your Nokia/HMD fellas here. 

To set a good example I will start and tell you a bit about myself. 

As I stated >here< I joined HMD about a month ago, so I’m really new on board, every day is still a bit of an adventure and sometimes I feel like a kid exploring the world for the first time, with massive support from my fellow colleagues. Originally, I’m from Central Europe, but studied in Finland and now I’m glad to call it my wonderful second home. 

Ending up at HMD in the role of the Community Manager is a little dream come true because it combines two things in my life I really appreciate. First of it ‘Nokia Phones’. One of my first phones was the Nokia 3210 and of course later on the  3310. I still remember all the Snake high score wars I had with classmates  (little wink to my avatar). Best thing was they were nearly indestructible. Small detour – when I was younger, I ‘accidently’ throw my sisters’ Nokia out of the window (3rd floor :D)…. It survived with just a few scratches. 

I used the classic Nokia phones for a long time and also have experience with some of the Lumia models. When I heard that HMD will produce Nokia branded phones I went crazy. Second thing is the Community Manager role itself. Having a background in Media and Communication, new media/social media has always been close to my heart. Combining these two things – AMAZING!!! I have some great ideas with the community and the forum. I can’t share as much as I was hoping for today. For now, I want to focus on some new functions in the Forum (User profiles, Private  Messaging, Mention function…) and there are some little specials coming up for you people out there. And I’m still happy for any suggestions and ideas you  have – so keep it going 

I think  this is enough about me. Looking forward to read your introduction.

Have a  great time in the community, 

Laura

P.S. Every post in here, which is not related to this specific topic  will get deleted – there are enough sub-forums and threads where you can post  your questions/comments/experiences related to our products. Let’s keep this a  place where we can get to know each other a bit better. Thank you

16 people like this

Hi I am HarshavardhanReddy from India (Hyderabad) I like (love) Nokia for its quality assurance and harsh usage it can survive But need to improve services in care centre and cost of any repairs or replacement is very high (compared to others)

7 people like this
Hi I'm Rinzler. I am here because of my love for the brand and trust that it will return to its former glory. The 3310, N70, N80, N8 and now the Nokia 8 are the devices I've used as far as I can remember. The community is growing rapidly and many are looking to get some support and assistance with their new Nokia devices. It would be my honour to initiate a better community support system to aid the forums and the Nokia subreddit. A Discord server has been created keeping in mind the needs of the community. Many of the /r/Nokia subreddit moderators have joined. The server was made public only recently and people have already had real-time support from mods and geeks.  It would be a great aid to the community to have their concerns looked at in real-time and would also ease the burden on the forums. It would be my honour to invite the official Nokia members and forum moderators to the server. This will help create a better bond with the community and give the already trusted brand a little more love. Here's the server link: https://discord.gg/dnCjuvS

3 people like this
I'm Purushothaman or Purush or kovaipurush. I bought this Nokia8 as love at first sight. Just like our wonderful Laura I'm also an ardent fan of Nokia. Nokia Express was the best thing I had and I never threw my sister phone! I am a mechanical engineer from Coimbatore, Tamil nadu, India. Bread, buttered, jammed in Coimbatore and I'm in love with Coimbatore. Wud love to share my experience and find many nice presenters. After entering the forum, decided to give a final try to Nokia8

3 people like this

Hi Harshavardhan, Rinzler and Purush, 

I know some of you have already been very active in the forum but still welcome to the Community and nice to meet you all :D 

I hope you have a nice time here. 

Best regards, 

Laura

3 people like this
Hiya, I love you all. I love to be here. ^_^ Anyways, you can call me/ know me by the name Bulls6. I know some of you and some of you may know me. Anyway, I'd like to be a part of the community for a long time coming. I love NOKIA because I feel like it has a great potential to be the best OEM ever because, with even the current lineup, you can't go wrong with NOKIA. NOKIA has great support for their customers and I'd like to be a part of the community to spread us even more. [Also, Laura, I can't seem to save my nickname.. "Bulls6".. Can a mod pls help ;) ]

3 people like this

Huhu Bulls6 :) 

and welcome to the Community :D. Great to have you here and I hope you enjoy the community. Let me guess, you have the same problem as stated >here<? Or is it simply not changing? 

Best regards, 

Laura 

1 person likes this
Hello, I am Chukwuemerie Uduchukwu from Nigeria. I am also a graduate of Political Science. I prefer Nokia to other brands due to the build quality of its devices and because the brand has been known for amazing cameras and impressive user experience over the decade. I have used Nokia C3, Nokia C1, Nokia Asha 302 and Nokia Lumia 1020. My secret that I want to share with all is that I'm a friend of none and an enemy of none.

3 people like this

Community Hero

Hi everyone!

I've been a Nokia fan for over a decade and am very enthusiastic about the return of Nokia phones made by HMD. Like everyone, I've got some favourite phones but unlike most I never had a Nokia "feature" phone back in the day, my nostalgia is for when Nokia was doing its own thing in the smartphone world with Symbian and Maemo. There were some great initiatives in those days and many of them I would like to see return, eventually. After we all started jumping from one flaming oil rig to another I have a Lumia, also a great phone - without Nokia Windows Phone would have died much sooner.

Now I'm with HMD's Nokia phones and finding that life with high quality hardware but without the little software touches that I'd got used too from Symbian, Maemo/Harmattan and Lumia is sometime disappointing... hence why I make of my suggestions! I'm also a big fan of backward compatibility and connectivity, which is why I really want an HMD phone with a universal connector for headsets so I can use my old N8 one (so much better than my Lumia and Android Nokia headsets).

I'm very pleased to see that this community is starting to grow beyond just a few regular users and now it's more than I can keep up with! (although that also makes me a little sad). I'll do my best to live up to my "community hero" tag and try to make sure Laura and her colleagues at HMD still think I deserve it :D

Cheers :)

3 people like this

Hi conqueror and madbilly

Although interacting with both of you already still a very warm welcome to the community. 

Great to have you here. 

@conquerer  that’s a very interesting secret :) 

@madbilly always nice to read you and no worries you’re living up to a  community hero :D

Have a great day, 

Laura 

2 people like this

Hello,

I am old Nokia user, coming back again to Nokia (HMD) with the release of Nokia 7 Plus.

I ordered this on 21st May and expecting to enjoy Nokia again very soon. Thank you HMD for such a wonderful phone.

I am an Information & Network Security  Professional, Android & Kernel enthusiast trying to balance between work, home & hobbies.

You can find more about me on >Twitter<

3 people like this
Hello, That's a beautiful post and introduction. My name is Pedro Alves, I'm from Luxembourg and I'm at the moment 19 years old. I have been a loyal fan and Nokia user since 2005. My first Nokia was the Nokia 3310 and I absolutely loved it. From my snake high-score battles to using the phone as a tool. When I was small, I literally used my Nokia 3310 as a hammer because I believed nothing could ever destroy it. Since the Nokia 3310, I owned the Nokia N9, Nokia asha, Nokia X2-01, Nokia Lumia 800 and now the Nokia 8. I'm still a student studying business and commercial but plan to change to study my real passion of beinga film director. I go to the cinema every week and I shoot short films and videos with friends and it's the passion and dream that keeps me going. When I heard that HMD Global was rebooting the Nokia brand, I immediately bought myself a Nokia 8 and I am insanely happy with it. Nokia means a lot to me, because of its nostalgia and moments that Nokia helped and shared with me. It's the phone brand of my heart and will never buy anything else. HMD is doing a great job and I wish you the success and many more incredible years to come. Here:  to celebrate 

2 people like this
Holla, dear all I am glad to be here! I like to help and take up questions and would try to provide the solution

2 people like this

Hello securerootd, user1513791683644 and user1508947257330

Welcome to the forum :D nice to have you all here. I hope you will enjoy the community and we read us often. 

@user1513791683644  a.k.a Pedro :) good to read I’m not the only one who tested the Nokia phones on their indestructibility. 

Best regards, 

Laura

Hello Everyone, My name is Akash Kashyap and I'm from Bareilly, India. I joined here today itself and I saw this post and here is my first comment. For me Nokia is not just a brand, it's a feeling, my first phone when I was in high school was Nokia 6600. I remember how special it was at that time, then I purchased Nokia N95 and I remember it's zooming capabilities were too awesome. When Nokia 6 was released, I saw the trailer of it on YouTube, and as soon as the Nokia Tune rang in my ears, I literally got goosebumps, it was a feeling I can't describe, it was like "a lost brother came back to me". HMD Global thanks a lot to bring my Brother back, I wish Nokia to be the leading company in Smartphones. Love you Nokia, Love you all Nokia members and Nokia Family.

3 people like this
Login to post a comment