The community forum

Join the conversation

Say 'hello' thread

Hello, hello 

Since we have quite a lot of members here who are pretty active and keep discussions going I thought it would be a nice idea to get to know each other a little bit better. I welcome you to use this thread to introduce yourself, tell us why you like Nokia, what else in life you’re passionate about, what are your deepest, darkest secrets or just whatever you want to share with your Nokia/HMD fellas here. 

To set a good example I will start and tell you a bit about myself. 

As I stated >here< I joined HMD about a month ago, so I’m really new on board, every day is still a bit of an adventure and sometimes I feel like a kid exploring the world for the first time, with massive support from my fellow colleagues. Originally, I’m from Central Europe, but studied in Finland and now I’m glad to call it my wonderful second home. 

Ending up at HMD in the role of the Community Manager is a little dream come true because it combines two things in my life I really appreciate. First of it ‘Nokia Phones’. One of my first phones was the Nokia 3210 and of course later on the  3310. I still remember all the Snake high score wars I had with classmates  (little wink to my avatar). Best thing was they were nearly indestructible. Small detour – when I was younger, I ‘accidently’ throw my sisters’ Nokia out of the window (3rd floor :D)…. It survived with just a few scratches. 

I used the classic Nokia phones for a long time and also have experience with some of the Lumia models. When I heard that HMD will produce Nokia branded phones I went crazy. Second thing is the Community Manager role itself. Having a background in Media and Communication, new media/social media has always been close to my heart. Combining these two things – AMAZING!!! I have some great ideas with the community and the forum. I can’t share as much as I was hoping for today. For now, I want to focus on some new functions in the Forum (User profiles, Private  Messaging, Mention function…) and there are some little specials coming up for you people out there. And I’m still happy for any suggestions and ideas you  have – so keep it going 

I think  this is enough about me. Looking forward to read your introduction.

Have a  great time in the community, 

Laura

P.S. Every post in here, which is not related to this specific topic  will get deleted – there are enough sub-forums and threads where you can post  your questions/comments/experiences related to our products. Let’s keep this a  place where we can get to know each other a bit better. Thank you

20 people like this

First post on the Awesome Comunity Form. I am a Nokia Lover Having Nokia 5233 and N8 then Lumia 580 and Now Ordered Nokia 7.1 plus. 

SK Yuvraj.

Ando Root

1 person likes this
Hallo, I'm Prashant . I am here because I love nokia.

1 person likes this
Hi everyone. I'm Ron from Australia. A newbie to the forum. I've had MANY Nokia's over the years. From my first 5110, I went to a flip phone, then the first of the colour screens (Can't remember model numbers). Think next was the swivel screen which I kept til I bought the first model with GPS (The navigator?) Which lasted me until smart phones flooded the market. Been using Samsung since. Now I'm back baby!!! Just purchased the new Nokia 6.1 after reading some pretty encouraging reviews.....actually I had my first lucky break in decades and (unexpectedly) won it at auction on eBay lol Being somewhat different to the Samsung phones I've been using, I figured what better place to get help, tips and advice than the Nokia forums. So here I am. I look forward to annoying you all with stupid questions real soon 

2 people like this

Hello all, I'm Scouser73, from Liverpool in the U.K., not as active as I should be on this forum but come back in to day because I've upgraded from the Nokia 5 (2017) to the Nokia 6.1 (2018) and really am liking the device and the many software updates since getting my hands on it.

Hope everyone is well.

Best wishes.

1 person likes this

Hi all, I'm Pawel from Poland. New here but know NOKIA for most of my life. First one was 3310 when I was a teenager :D

So happy that NOKIA is back (with Android). My last NOKIA was Lumia 1320 with W 8.1 (and W10) - but didn't really liked it (i mean software). Now very happy user of NOKIA 7 Plus with Pie beta.

1 person likes this

Good day all, I'm from South Africa. 

May everyone have a excellent day.

2 people like this
Wishing you all the best did you had a great day

2 people like this
Hello

1 person likes this

Hello everyone. My brief phone history

1. 8210

2. 3660

3. Sony Ericsson K800i (stolen)

4. N86 8MP (smashed the OLED screen in a motorcycle accident)

5. C5 5MP

6. Blackberry Curve 8520

7. Blackberry Torch 9800

8. Blackberry Bold 9900

9. Samsung Galaxy S5

10. Nokia 8

Mixture of nostalgia and feelings when I get the no.10. Had a hard time to decide between 8 or 7 Plus but ultimately decide that I want SD 835 faster speed and QHD screen with 16:9 ratio (the best ratio for me) rather than SD 660 and FHD+ screen with 18:9 ratio albeit having much larger battery capacity.

1 person likes this
Hi there I am Adriano from Italy and I fell in love with Nokia since i bought my 3310 a long time ago, now I fell in love again with the Android One program and this is the reason why I am here
Login to post a comment