The community forum

Join the conversation

May 2018 security update released in India

May 2018 security update released in India for Nokia 3. My phone is downloading the software right now. Please check and update your Nokia 3 phone at earliest.

It was also released in northern Europe today.

1 person likes this
Hi...I got update yesterday...but when I tried to install the update...it told me to factory reset...do anyone factory reset Nokia 3 for may patch?
My phone suffered problems while installing the update. On automatic booting after update installation started, there was some issue, all sms messages and call histroy disappeared. The phone suggested that there was a serious error me to do a factory reset to recover from the error. After doing factory reset and restoring latest Google backup, sms messages are still lost. Rest of data is ok.
That same problem with me too sammy

Tech Wizard

Hello, That's strange @Sammy @Aman cause I didn't have any problem with the update. Which model of Nokia 3 do you guys use?

1 person likes this
My Nokia 3 is TA-1032

1 person likes this

Tech Wizard

That's even more strange since I also have the same model but didn't face such issues as Sammy said.

Tech Wizard

Hello, @Sammy I think Google doesn't backup SMS messages. I don't see any option to backup SMS messages in Google Backup settings.
I downloaded update then tap on restart. Then after it went in some recovery telling your android is not genuine something like that.. And told to factory reset.

Tech Wizard

Hello, @Aman I tried to search on Google about this issue of yours but couldn't find any article or people facing this issue. And is the May Security Patch installed on your phone after that?

1 person likes this
Ta-1032 model. This the first time I am having such a experience with mobile update.

Tech Wizard

Yup, I also couldn't find anything about this issue while I searched it on the web.
When I factory reset my device was on April patch....When I factory reset and install everything like contact image and all . I checked for update then I again downloaded may patch and then tap on restart...this time it installed.
My phone did not update to may security update eventually. I had to do a factory reset and restore. I am planning to wait for few more days before attempting to update again. I can even opt not to update may security patch and directly jump to June security patch that will be released next month.
Login to post a comment