The community forum

Join the conversation

Battery issue: deleting rapidly

Hi, I bought a Nokia 8 sirocco through a website in UK (Techinthebasket not very well known but had good reviews on trust pilot and the phone did arrive on time). I noticed however that the battery life is bad. With cellular data on (but active use with screen on limited to few minutes a day) I struggle to get a full day. I'm currently traveling and this is where battery life really matters as you use quite a bit of GPS, WiFi a day and I'm struggling to get 9 hours. With switching off mobile data and location when not actively using, dimming screen brightness, switching on battery saving mode, and using Android's ability to switch off background apps, I can stretch this to about 12-13 hours(I did use an hour or so of navigation but with screen switched off) but that's still bad compared to my previous low cost (blu) phone with lower battery capacity. I imagined it was a manufacturing defect (still do). The live chat person recommended a procedure to recalibrate battery SOC estimate and unfortunately it didn't help. There is no physical location for the online store I bought it from, so is there somewhere else I can have the phone checked? Is there a fix I can perform? Does the description fit a well known problem and if so, what's the fix?
Login to post a comment