The community forum

Join the conversation

Bluetooth connection with Samsung Gear S3 and carkit

Hi,

I recently bought a Nokia 8 Sirocco, and I am having tons of problems with BT connection, especially around my smart watch Samsung Gear S3 and the carkit. Many times, when I switch on the watch, it doesn't automatically reconnect to the phone, so I need to that manually. Then, if I go to the car, where I have a BT carkit, the carkit doesn't connect (this seems to be related to the HFP connection being taken by the watch, and carkit cannot take over), but this used to work before with Samsung Galaxy S7 and previous Android version. If I deselect the HFP profile for watch, then BT connection cannot happen once disconnected... All in all, very bad user experience around the BT connection, reconnection and multiprofile/multidevice usage.

Any help from Nokia or from Android in this? It seems BT problems in Android 8.1 are very big...

Thanks,

Raul

Hola Raúl. 2 weeks with my Sirocco and BT works fine. Car, smartwatch, smartband... Everything OK.

1 person likes this

Hola! OK... good for you :) Do you have the smartwatch connected when you enter the car and connect to the carkit? what BT settings you have active (profiles) for the smartwatch and carkit?

1- yes 2- default settings

Hmm... and no disconnections or reconnection problems whatsoever? Which smartwatch do you use?

No problems at all. Lg G watch and Microsoft Band 2
Same problem with nokia 8 and gear S3.
Login to post a comment