The community forum

Join the conversation

Earpiece getting clogged

Hi I am using my Nokia 8 since last 6 months and I have been facing this issue. Initially I felt the call volume was reduced but I went to care center and they checked and said that due to some dust the ear piece is getting clogged and hence the volume has reduced. As a solution, they cleaned the earpiece with a brush. After a 2 months I again got the same issue, again went to care center and again they did the same thing cleaned it with a brush. They said this is a frequent problem with current Nokia devices, it has been a problem for many users not only with Nokia 8 but for other phones like the Nokia 3,5 as well. Please help with this issue urgently.

1 Comment

There's not really anything particularly unusual about the design of the earpiece; it's pretty much identical to what you will get most good Android hardware vendors. I don't really know what sort of help you expect to get here. You really just need to do the obvious and gently clean it yourself occasionally. Avoid snagging / tearing / damaging the fabric covering the inside of the hole (it's there to stop dust getting to the internal components). Beyond that, try to stop or reduce the dust getting in.
Login to post a comment