The community forum

Join the conversation

USA Nokia 6.1 very low call volume T-Mobile

Have a USA version Nokia 6.1 that was purchased from Best Buy. Everything works great with T-Mobile, Volte, Wifi and HD calling.  However when I am in a call the volume is very low despite turning it up all the way.  This happens both when using the phone itself or taking calls using bluetooth.  I have to turn the volume all the way up in my car to hear the calls when using bluetooth. Will this be corrected at al or is it a hardware limitation?  The Nokia 6.1 is a great phone but the low call volume is really ruining the whole experience.  

1 person has this question

I'm having the same issue. This wasn't happening out of the box. I'm on USA AT&T, I've tried resetting the network settings and the phone. Will post again if I find solution.

1 person likes this

I installed 8.1 right out of the box when I set up my phone. I didn't use the phone when it just had 8.0. Are you saying the volume was fine under 8.0? I have read that other Nokia phones had call volume issues undsr 8.1, maybe this is relates to tgat same issue other Nokia owners have had. If you find a solution please let me know. This is preventing me from using the Nokia 6.1 as my daily driver for now.

1 person likes this
I can't remember if it was running 8.0 or 8.1 out of the box. I want to say yes but I don't remember for sure. I noticed this issue within the last couple of weeks. I also have the Nokia 6 2017 and doesn't have this issue. These are my first Nokia phones I've bought and really do enjoy them. Hopefully it can be fixed with an update, unless it's a hardware issue.

Any luck figuring this out?

My last attempt was to do a hard reset and start fresh. Didn't work. Supposed to be hearing from Nokia after I contacted them...
Thanks for the update, please let me know what they say. I was going to do a hard reset too, glad I didn't now. I switched back to my Honor 7x in the meantime until this gets addressesd.
Login to post a comment