Heya everyone out there,
As you know we have started rolling-out the camera update for Nokia 8. I saw some of you have received it already, for some of you it might still take a bit (depending on region and so on) but be assured you’ll receive it.
We are very interested in how you like the new update, so please feel free to share your experience here, what you like and what you don’t like and so on.
Happy exploring and best regards,
So far so good, I have only tested a little bit, but one thing I found is that it is impossible to use "pro" on monochrome only in colour :-) it would be nice to have the possibility to use it in BW/monochrome also.
For quality on photos I have to test more. Anyway I like the new app ;-)
To be honest my initial impression is slightly underwhelming. Sure, the additional pro mode controls are a welcome addition and I like the new UI more than the old one in general. However, some things are still in need of improvement:
- The shutter speed selection has surprising limitations; 1/2 is not a particularly long exposure for night shots. Likewise, 1/500s is not a that short exposure time. Even my first digital compact camera back in 2002 offered a range of 1/2000s - 30s, so I think there'd be some room for improvement here for a modern device ;)
- The image quality falls still significantly behind the photos taken with the modified Google camera application and doesn't actually seem to have changed much in the first place.
- When changing the shutter speed, there's no visible change in the live camera preview. For example Open Camera application will show the exposure change in preview while adjusting shutter speed.
I am very happy with the update. The interface is a lot better and very intuitive. Also like the PIP mode. Unfortunately there seems to be a bug there. It is not possible to save PIP pictures. I get a camera error.
Thanks for your feedback (keep it going). We will consider your wishes and try to improve so you all get the camera experience you want :)
Have a nice day,
The new app is smoother than the old one and also has better interface but still there are some bugs and lots of missing features :
1) sliding action to activate/deactivate pro mode does not work in landscape orientation. 2) The pro mode is not available in monochrome sensor also there is no monochrome video recording which was previously available. 3) Shutter speed range is very limited as mentioned already.
4) No 60 fps video recording as well as the slow motion video is only 120 fps although snapdragon 835 is capable of going much much higher fps count. 5) The Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) is just bad because a) it crops the available view b) gets blurry in low light situation c) OIS was much better. There should be a toggle to turn on or off the EIS. 6) Pro mode should also be available in video recording as well
Don't really have anything to add to what's been said already. Thanks for being so pro-active with this Laura!
Shutter speed limit should be more than 1/2 sec for better night shoot. Is it related to the camera hardware? because nokia 7 Plus has 4s shutter speed, and I do not think that No7+ camera hardware is better than No8.