The community forum

Join the conversation

Front cam ,16mp?

I tested today the Google camera app and Nokia camera app, is the front camera on Nokia 7plua really a 16mp shooter,or its just a dummy setting in the Nokia app, the pictures are no where as it should be for a 16mp camera ? Google camera app settings 4mp 4 is to 3 ratio Nokia camera app settings 16mp 4 is to 3 ratio Results pictures are way better with Google camera

2 people have this question

I have tested many device-info apps, and each of them showed the same specs: Front Camera: 3.888 MP
Can anyone from Nokia confirm this ?this is a real pain for such a good device to messed up camera specs and maybe false information
At the MWC 2018 Juho Sarvikas explained while he was announcing the Nokia 7 Plus: "The front camera features an adaptive sensor technology we combine 4 pixels into one super pixel so that we can deliver those beautiful bothies even in the lowest light conditions" and this is why the sensor shoots 4MP photos there is no such thing as upscaling photos from 4MP to 16MP. youtube-link: https://youtu.be/BaUh9HgjJtQ?t=29m19s

On MWC 2018 Juho Sarvikas explained that while he was announcing the Nokia 7 Plus: "The front camera features an adaptive sensor technology. We combine 4 pixels into one super pixel so that we can deliver those beautiful bothies even in the lowest light conditions" and this is why the sensor shoots 4MP photos there is no such thing as upscaling photos from 4MP to 16MP.

https://youtu.be/BaUh9HgjJtQ 

The sensor is a 16 MP but the system because of bugs probably can't convey this info properly to other apps. Or it can be some other issue entirely. But the pics clicked with Nokia camera shows the resolution as 16MP. Regarding the poor quality of pictures from Nokia cam, it's because of the poor post processing and not sensors.
Juho Sarvikas explained this while he was announcing the Nokia 7 Plus on the MWC 2018: "The front camera features an adaptive sensor technology. We've combined 4 pixels into one super pixel so that we can deliver those beautiful bothies even in the lowest light conditions." This is why the sensor shoots 4MP photos... there is no such thing as upscaling photos from 4MP to 16MP. But in facts: the everywhere announced and in every technical specifications listed 16MP front cam (even on 7+'s boxes) is an incorrect information...

1 person likes this
So in reality the Nokia 7 plus is having a 4mp camera boosted or you can say combined or biforcated into 16mp camera, So is it good enough as compared to actual raw 20mp or 16mp cameras ,I don't think so
My display picture is from redmi5a front camera that is 5mp and it is by far away ahead in terms of pic quality as I think
It can either be that the 16MP sensor provides full resolution only to the Nokia camera app. It maybe some limitation set by Nokia. While for all other apps, the sensor merges 4 pixels into one and that's why the image from other apps is 4 times less in resolution at 4MP. It would also tell for the better picture quality from google cam mods. The picture from Nokia camera in medium and low lighting conditions is poor but from google cam mods is amazing.

this is Google camera 4mp at 4isto 3 ratio

I don't know I just tried to upload photos but where did that go I don't know,samples from low light rn5pro front camera,front cam samples from Google 4mp and Nokia 16mp resolution,and ofcourse my profile pic 5mp redmi5a
The poor quality pics of Nokia is solely because of poor post processing algorithms. The best post processing algorithms right now is of Google.
Puneet my question is ,is it having a raw 16mp sensor or a 4mp sensor? because if it has 4mp then no software can make it look like a 20mp or 16mp picture no matter what algorithm Nokia ,Sony or anybody makes if the hardware is not there to take
Login to post a comment