The community forum

Join the conversation

Comment your suggestions here. [Mine]=Face unlocking tweaks and other basic stuffs

Basically face unlocking uses our face as a password and it unlocks the phone,as we seen on other Android devices where when we rise the phone to our face it directly takes us to home screen,but in Nokia 8 where we have to swipe from the lock screen, which takes some small tweaks to update it,also we have to swipe from top edge of the screen to access notification bar which can be tweaked by gesture support by swiping anywhere on the home screen to downside, we are not expecting more features from you HMD/Nokia just tweak some features which you already given to use it as friendly. Hope you listen to your customers, & Anyone have any suggestions may comment below and this time for sure HMD/Nokia will help us.

Without a complex camera set up like on the iPhone X face unlocking on android is terribly unsecure whether you use the native smart lock or a 3rd party app, why anyone would want it as a method to safeguard their phone is way beyond me.

2 people like this
Yes MrBelter i agree that there is no any special sensor to use face unlock as secure as iPhone X .but the face unlock is an optional and it can be used only who is intend to have it,, companies like pixel and OnePlus are tweaked it and people who likes faceunlock are using it, basically the android software itself not secure as ios you keep any sort of passwords or locks the phone cane be easily reset by anyone who tend to use it.

Of course Android is as secure as iOS, it depends on how you use it and if you are foolish enough to use a method of unlocking your phone which can be circumvented with a photo then you only have yourself to blame.

Such a foolish reply, android is not secured as ios, software cam be easily flashed by any retailer or any person who have knowledge about phones (not you) but not same case in Apple it is not a easy task to unlock stolen or lost device.
Here i am not asking HMD to replace face unlock with finger print scanner , i am asking the feature which is present in latest Nokia devices like Nokia 7plus Nokia 8 siracoo, but in nokia 8 this feature is not tweaked as Nokia 7plus and Nokia 8 siracoo . MrBelter you don't even know those stuffs which Nokia itself supporting thise features and you are blaming it,i am just asking what other latest Nokia devices have,i don't want it is secured or not secured if it is not secured means better you don't use it , already in every android phone there is a face unlock feature in stock, so im asking it to improve, if you don't like means use passcode.

Imchandu03

said about 1 hour ago Such a foolish reply, android is not secured as ios, software cam be easily flashed by any retailer or any person who have knowledge about phones (not you) but not same case in Apple it is not a easy task to unlock stolen or lost device.

So you don't see the phone being able to be reflashed and in the process wiping all your precious data as a good thing?

Simply resetting the phone is not the same as making a phone secure, if you don't root, don't sideload and don't install from unknown sources, ill stand by my claim that Android is as secure as iOS.

But Ios cant even flash the os wiping data is secured but my phone can be stolen and anyone can use by flashing my phone, not on ios it s not a easy task in ios then how come android called as secured device,by the way my topic is not about secured or unsecured remember.
Finally Nokia 8 Nokia 6 getting Faceunlock with next update
Login to post a comment