The community forum

Join the conversation

About Dolby Atmos

First of all, this problem started after updating my phone to android oreo 8.1.

When i enable dolby atmos, everything is good when play songs with jetaudio, but when it's enabled, all system sounds (ringtones, messages, notifications, even gboard typing sound) volumes are all drops.

I wish to keep dolby atmos enabled all the time but this problem prevents me to do so.

Also, when dolby atmos enabled, some songs suffering this "pumping" effect. Especially songs with low dynamic range (like DR8 and below...)

And i don't like it at all. It ruins the whole experience... I suppose dolby's algorithm applies sidechain compression or something to max out the volume.

I don't know what you can do about how it sounds but i think  you can fix volume drop issue for sure.

Other than that, i'm really enjoying my new phone. Thank you...

4 people have this question

What "Dolby Atmos"? The TA-1025 only has Dolby surround sound only [impossible to do with only 1 speaker though] which is really nothing more than 'Dolby sound' which is nothing more than an equalizer setting. But be assured there is NO DOLBY ATMOS on this budget, slow phone.

Nokia 6 (2017) has Dolby Atmos as you can confirm at Dolby's official site :Dolby Atmos

And as far i know, and from my personel experience with my own phone; when Dolby Atmos enabled, phone earpiece acts as second speaker. I can clearly hear sound coming from it.

I really don't know what Dolby Atmos does. I know it sounds like a gimmick when it comes to fancy features like this but i'm pretty sure that Dolby Atmos is just more than an equalizer, because i hear this compression thingy. (I'm into recording and mixing with DAW's as a guitar player, so i'm familiar with this stuff.)

2 people like this

May I ask how you "enable Dolby Atmos" on the TA-1025? I have the option for 'surround sound' but only 1 speaker ever plays.

Login to post a comment