The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

Unable to switch sim to be used for phone calls

On Nokia 8 (probably same on other models too) if you go to    Settings / Network and Internet / SIM-Cards, you can choose which SIM to be used for

Mobile Data

Phone Calls

Text messages

Well, you used to be able to do that before Anrdoid Oreo 8.1 update.

It basically gave a choice between SIM 1 and SIM 2.

Now after Android Oreo 8.1 it gives me choices "DNA" and "Telia", i.e. how I have named the sim cards.

And it allows me to choose between them for Text messages  & Mobile Data.

For phone calls it allows to choices ASK ALWAYS / DNA / TELIA  but it always stays on the DNA on my case.

This bug came on Oreo 8.1 and I have verified the issue with another Nokia 8 owned by somebody else.

Swithing physical location of SIMS does not change situation. It is stuck onto the "sim" I had chosen default before upgrade.

If I turn off the "DNA sim" then phone calls will be done using the other remaining sim.

And there are number of other ways to make phone calls using the other sim also so I am not totally burned because of this bug.

I have tried rebooting, soft reset, not hard reset though. Note that I have verified this issue on another NOKIA 8 having the latest Oreo 8.1 also.

_veli

Best Answer
I have the same problem, but it can be changed in the Phone app under settings and call account.

1 person has this question

Same problem here...
Same here. Looks like a bug which came with Pro camera update. There are 2 workarounds: 1) go to contacts app and choose a SIM for every single number one by one 2) use Qualcomm SIM settings activity dialog instead of buggy Nokia dialog: com.qualcomm.qti.simsettiings.SimSettingActivity.

Answer

I have the same problem, but it can be changed in the Phone app under settings and call account.

1 person likes this

"I have the same problem, but it can be changed in the Phone app under settings and call account."

Can you please elaborate a bit? Unable to do so... Would be grateful for your help.

1 person likes this

It works for me. go to the PHONE CALLS APP, then SETTINGS, then CALL ACCOUNTS. It is kind of weird use interface but just touch "Phone Calls" or what ever it is in English  and change the setting. Works for me fine

_veli

2 people like this

Thanks user1529133098201 for accurately describing the problem and user1508924578314 for providing a solution. Hopefully a future update will make it good again.

Login to post a comment