The community forum

Join the conversation

JUNE UPDATE

Any Idea on when we will get the June Security update? TA 1032

1 person has this question

TA 1020!!! sorry
Any idea when we will get the April security update ? TA1020 UK
Nokia has released service pack and maintenance release for many models yesterday. They also updated the update summary details for all models. Update for remaining phones including Nokia 3 is expected soon.

2 people like this
In this week % Nokia 3 will get security update

The April and June updates on the TA-1020 will probably arrive when the Android 8.1 update arrives as well, so that will be when h*** freezes over then!!!!

But when the Android 8.1 update will arrive??

Tech Wizard

So this means nobody has received the June Security Patch for Nokia 3 until now or are we all from the region where the updates are pushed slowly? :)
Nobody received June security patch or Oreo 8.1 nor has nokia updated update release summary for june month. Nokia1,2 and 3 are only pending for June security update release.

2 people like this

Tech Wizard

I wish Nokia releases Oreo 8.1 for Nokia 3 too after the stable Oreo 8.1 update on Nokia 2.

1 person likes this

@Sammy Well my Nokia 8 has received Oreo and the latest security patch but my mums Nokia 3 is still waiting for Oreo and the security patch here in the UK. One thing to remember is that the Nokia 3 uses a Mediatek processor which makes updates more difficult compared to phones using Qualcomm processors, it will get here eventually but it's just going to be a long wait for it I'm afraid :-/

2 people like this
Now more and more manufacturer are releasing budget phones based on mediatek chipset and promising updates. Latest example is lenovo ke note 2018, LG Q series, huawei and HTC.

1 person likes this

@Sammy Exactly but it could be any number of reasons that Mediatek processors are hard to develop for, lack of documentation and lack of drivers are just two of them. All I know is that those manufacturers will probably run into issues providing updates for those devices.

1 person likes this
Latest phone with mediatek chipset and android one would mean project treble support also included. So we can atleast expect timely security updates for 3 years. Situation is definitely improving for phones with mediatek chipset.

2 people like this

@Sammy Yes but Project Treble isn't processor dependent and, AFAIK, requires the phones to have storage partitioned in a specific way which can't be done OTA.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment