The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

Overheating issues and poor battery life with June security patch update

Ever since I got the June security update about two days ago, my Nokia 8 started to throttle and overheat. I mean the phone is always warm to the touch even with light normal usage. Then the battery life just became horrible, I mean I barely get up to 3hr30min screen on time on a full charge. And this is with light usage, standby time has also gotten alot worse, about 10% of the battery is lost within 4hrs. The device can no longer get me through a full day on a single charge which is very frustrating. I wonder if I am the only one experiencing these issues, and I hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later.

Best Answer

I don't have any of those problems, have you tried Blacklisting some of the apps to stop them running in the background to see if that improves battery life? Also check to see anything is using the battery constantly and if it's an app remove it. If that doesn't help then a Factory Reset might be in order without restoring from a backup.

Answer

I don't have any of those problems, have you tried Blacklisting some of the apps to stop them running in the background to see if that improves battery life? Also check to see anything is using the battery constantly and if it's an app remove it. If that doesn't help then a Factory Reset might be in order without restoring from a backup.

1 person likes this
Problem solved, thanks for your suggestions, I left the battery to drain completely and uninstalled recent apps I installed. After that battery life was back to normal and no more overheating issues. Glad I didn't have to do a factory reset.
Which apps did you uninstall? Could you pls mark this thread as answered?
Angry birds and fcmb mobile banking app
Login to post a comment