The community forum

Join the conversation

Feedback for the next update?

Hi,

Today i recieved my Nokia 8110 4G, but i have noticed a couple things that are not improved compare to the 3310 (2017 model).

Bugs:

- First of all at the startup (new out of the box). When i trying to select language the menu is highlighting two language.

- Google maps icon just disapeard (i was testing the maps and suddenly)

User interface:

- The scroll button is not shortcuts for sms, contact, led light, etc. It would be great if the scroll button can be customize.

- T9 dictionary could be better. In Dutch when i press 4 and 7 ill get something else but "is" is is a comment word in the Dutch. But the word "is" is no showing on the suggestion list.

- Grouping the apps together. like games for instance. I have 3 games that can be group in one category Games.

Webbrowser

-Scrolling pages is very slow. Like in the 3310 you can scroll with numberpad 2 and 8 (it act like page down and up) very handy for the fast users.

Also sharing a link with friends true text message. (sms) would be a great feature.

These are my finding and opinion, after using one day with it. I will be reporting back after now and then. The longer i use the more feedback ill be posting.

I hope Nokia developer will take my feedback in consideration for the next update. I do appreciate the work you all have done.

Also i available for beta testing if you re looking for one. :D I have use and experience alot of phones and Nokia.

Best regards,

Stefan

2 people have this question

26-06-2018 Day 2 with the Nokia 8110 4g

I have noticed the bluetooth is not working properly. I tried to connect with samsung galaxy s6 and Hauwei p8 lite but no succes. It shows the devices is paired but cant send any files to each other. 

T9 dicationairy cant add my own words to it like in the 3310.

There is no file manager to brows the file on my device. 

Google maps icon suddenly missing. I have done a factory reset and it was back for a while.  And it went missing again. 

Also the Bluetooth menu got stuck on pairing menu. What i did, like i mention before i treid to pair with samsung s6, but i cant send a file so i went to the settings bluetooth and paired devices  and i removed samsung s6 to try to repair the device. and is got stuck at the pair screen. back button is not working. nothing. So i need to reset the 8810. (shutdown).

1 person likes this

I was just wondering whether a hard reset could clear whatever hiccup there is. You really start using the phone from scratch but may resolve the issues you've brought up. From what I've learnt, one should immediately update the OS upon purchase but if the problem still exist, chances then it's a hardware issue.

Updating the phone out of the box that is what i did. but still the bugs keeps coming back. The Bluetooth is working fomr time to time. From 4 transfer files 2 succesfull and the other stucks at 88% for some reason.

Day 4 with the Nokia 8110 4g

Feedback

Profile - setting profile for work and home or meeting customable profile by user

Keyboard - Also the keyboard by long press it will change to a number. So we can type letters and number at a faster pace.

Screenshot - Making screenshot would be a great extra feature.

Also some apps is getting stuck on the back button. In my situation i cant back out of the webbrowser for some reason.

Finding contacts - i would be nice if you just press the letters from the person you want to call. like i want to call John for example, i press 5, 6, 6, ,6 then the sugestionlist popup with John on the contactlist on the home screen. (like the smartphone from today), instead of finding the contact person by his cell phone number

2 people like this

Also my headphone jack doenst work with all of the aux cable, the thicker ones doesn't detect.

1 person likes this

Islate

Thank you for you informing your usage of the Nokia 8110 4G. I haven't bought one as it hasn't been launch yet in Malaysia so am reading with great interest from people like you.

On screenshots, are you saying it is not possible to make screenshots or  you haven't found the technique yet specific to this phone?

Thank you Islate for all your comments. Please keep them coming. I am hoping to get this phone soon. It will replace my 3310 3G.

Bug

Webbrowser - sometime the webbrowser is not showing the mouse pointer. When i switch from scroll mode (press 2 keypad) and then back. Its not showing any mouse pointer, dispite the scroll mode is off (no arrows on the screen).

I hope Nokia and KaiOS is fixing the bugs very soon.

Techspecs

Also on the box it stated the maximum capacity for mirco sd card is 32, but on the website it says 64 GB. But a quick chat with the nokia support lead me to this; according to the Nokia support its capable to support 128 gb. 

1 person likes this

My feedback from my own Thread:

I am missing the volume keys to adjust the volume during a call.

But the most important issue is the up/down/left/right keypad. It is much too small, and I can tell you that I have very small fingers compared to others. It might fit kids fingers, but not fully grown humans.

Especially the up key is more or less impossible to be used. One reason is that it is very small, but the second point is that the display has a round shape and it gives you no room for your finger to be placed at the up portion of the key.

It's really sad that it was designed much to small with not enough space on the top key.

2 people like this

The Twitter app is now available from the store (in The Netherlands). But has Arabic letter type underneath the twittername ??

The google maps icon is back for some reason (normal like it should)

Also if there is no file manager and i am downloading some enclosure from my mail how can i access my downloaded enclosures? And where will it be downloaded to?? (wich map)

The customization for agenda app. I cant set monday as my firstday of the week and also the the date is stated as month/day/year/ instead of day/month/year when adding a appointment.

1 person likes this

So yesterday i recieved my update 12.00.17.06 a 20mb +-

i have notice a big improvement in speed and smoothness.

I see that the mouse pointer disappear has been solved for now i guess. But bowsing the internet sometimes i get a freeze. Happend one time hopefully it stay that one time.

The contactlist popup has change, the list has been compress (smaller) but not beautifull design (in my opinion) but does the job. Also finding the contactpersoon by name is still not possible, it can only search by phone number. 

Contactlist app also cant list all the contact person starting with A i need to press a second letter to let it show the contact i have been looking for. For exmaple i am looking for Dianna. i press D dianna doesnt showed up, despite the first letter D. so i need to press DI for showing up Dianna. I think that the device is just showing 3 contact at max (to keep the speed for searching contacts).

Also the the notification has improved. No i can see that some files has been send successful or failed. instead of file has been.........(out of screen).

Also earlier i mention that i cant find my Downloads map when you download enclosure from mails or etc. But you can find them in settings - Device - Downloads

Bluetooth is working much better. I can send files and cant find devices faster. Also the bluetooth bug for not going back to the main setting screen instead of stuck on the paired devices screen, has been solved i think. I didnt get that anymore (tried that once after the latest update).

I think the OS has improved, but there is a long way ahead to make it perfect 8110 4G. Hopefully the next update will be user friendly. Especially the T9 suggestion could be much better, i mean at least let the user add more words to the dictionary like in the 3310 2g.

But the bigger picture is that the OS has improved without sacrificing the speed.  So for that a big thanks to the developers from Nokia and KaiOS!! Keep up the good work.

I am looking forward for the next update!

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment