The community forum

Join the conversation

I want to enter developer mode.

I have the Nokia 8110 4G and would like to develop an app.
However, the developer mode is not visible at Nokia 8110 4G.
I wonder how to enter developer mode.

Can you give me the answer?

2 people have this question

FYI, KaiOS Techonlogies advised me "If you want to develop an app for KaiOs, you can send a detailed proposal to partnerships@kaiostech.com, or submit it via our contact form under “Partnership opportunities”. You may also benefit from checking our Developer Portal for more information about creating apps and requirements."

1 person likes this

same question, follow up ... 

Same question.

It turns out interesting, go to the developer's portal but the developer mode in the phone you cant enable).

So, where is the developer mode? )

After submit some question to KaiOS, i've got this answer but it doesn't work for me bcoz Nokia 8110 4G is non-touch screen device and enter button many times on version 2.5 info doesn't work also. Then i hope Nokia engineering or HMD engineering who embed KaiOS OEMs in Nokia 8110 4G can answer us.

https://developer.kaiostech.com/environment-setup displays additional menu option: https://developer.kaiostech.com/environment-setup/settings-device.png this does not seem to be there on Nokia 8110 4G
I got the answer from the Nokia support chat (bot?): In German: > Nokia 8110 4G betreibt zwar das Betriebssystem KaiOS, aber dieses wird bei verschiedenen Geräten unterschiedlich eingerichtet. Bedauerlicherweise ist diese Option bei der gegenwärtigen Version des Modells nicht verfügbar. > Wir werden aber Ihre Anmerkungen darüber an die Entwicklungsabteilung weiterleiten und hoffen, dass sie berücksichtigt werden. Translated: > Nokia 8110 4G operates the KaiOS operating system, but this is different for different devices. Unfortunately, this option is not available in the current version of the model. > However, we will forward your comments to the development department and hope that they will be taken into account. When asked a question whether developers get something different, they said: > Leider kann ich Ihnen zurzeit nur mitteilen, dass diese Möglichkeit beim Nokia 8110 noch nicht verwendet werden kann. Ich werde aber Ihr Feedback an die zuständige Abteilung eskalieren > Unfortunately, I can only inform you at the moment that this option can not yet be used on the Nokia 8110. But I will escalate your feedback to the department responsible

All the hype but no dice... I hope a firmware update enables the option. Can't wait to get started.

Login to post a comment