The community forum

Join the conversation

RE: Missed Called Icon Error (help?)

Hi folks,

I have a Nokia-3 handset.

On the 'phone' icon, there is a red number 1 which indicates I have one missed call.  However, I deleted all of the missed calls, force-stopped the phone app, and did several restarts; but the red number one will not disappear (4 days now!).

This exact same thing/error happened with Hotmail and What's App a few weeks ago and members on the forum kindly helped me to resolve it.

Many thanks in advance,

Paul (UK)

Try uninstalling the updates of the phone app by going to settings> apps> phone. You can update this app again by going to Google Play Store. Have you still not got the Android Oreo? This issue has been fixed in that version of Android.

1 person likes this

Thanks Emaz,

I thinks its worked.

I was told that the Oreo update would be 'automatic'.  But no, I am still on the older version.

Paul

Okay! Have a nice day! Feel free to ask if you have any other questions or concerns :)

Hi,

The stupid MISSED CALL (a number 1) has appeared and is stuck to my PHONE icon shortcut.  Why does this happen every week?  I just can not seem to get rid of it!

I UNINSTALLED the PHONE app. updates and also CLEARED CACHE.  

If I CLEAR DATA of the PHONE app. then will it delete my numbers/address-book?

Many thanks,

Paul

Hi again,

My SYSTEM UPDATE says:

Android v.7.1.1

Security patch level 5

5 March 2018

Thanks,

Paul

Hi, When you'll clear the data of the "Phone" app it will not delete your contacts but it will clear out the recent call history and yes by performing this step you'll be able to fix that problem. By the way all of your contacts on an Android phone are saved to your Gmail account so you don't have to worry about loosing the contacts anytime! Hope that helps... If not then we'll chat tomorrow, it's already midnight in my country & I'm going to take some rest! :)

1 person likes this

Thanks Emaz,

I performed this many times, as well as restarts, but the number '1' on the PHONE icon shortcut just will not disappear!?

Cheers,

Paul

Hi,

I'm sorry that it didn't help you out. :(

Try uninstalling the updates of the "Phone App" then clear the data of it and then force stop it.

Now open the Phone App again check for the issue whether it is present or not. :)

Let me updated with the results. :)

1 person likes this

Hi Emaz,

I am sure I UNINSTALLED UPDATES yesterday because today I cannot seem to find to option to do so.  If all of the UPDATES have been erased, then does the option to perform this task also disappear?

The issue has been happening since last Thursday now.

Cheers,

Paul

No, even if you uninstalled the updates you can still clear its data and force stop the app. Try doing this method and then tell me. :)

1 person likes this

Hi Emaz,

On which page/menu is the UNINSTALL UPDATES situated, please?  I can't remember!

Cheers.

Go to settings> Apps> Select the app (built-in app) and tap the the 3 dots available at the top and then tap uninstall updates. Note that you won't be able to uninstall the updates again of an app if you have already uninstalled them and did not updated the app again.

Hope that helps! :)

1 person likes this

Hi Emaz,

Correct, the 3-dots are not appearing because I UNINSTALLED UPDATES on Friday, and there have be no more since.

On my Outlook shortcut icon, I am no longer being notified of any new messages.  There is usually a number showing how many new messages I have.  But this is no longer working either.

Nokia have make a dreadful decision in moving over to Android.  This new system is plagued with faults/bugs!

Cheers,

Paul

I have no idea how to help you further dear monsterjazzlicks. I've never faced any of those issues on my Nokia 3 so I don't have this experience . Whatever troubleshooting steps I told you before were some basics steps. Although I still don't understand why your phone didn't received the Oreo update. I only used to face this issue with Gmail app when I was on Nougat and use to fix it just by resetting the app but it got fixed when I received the Oreo.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment