The community forum

Join the conversation

Swear filter

Community Hero

Hi Laura, I'm surprised that the forums don't have a filter for vulgar language. I've just read a thread where someone is posting unacceptably vulgar language. We don't need to filter "strong" language, people should be able to express themselves, but this posteid is being vulgar and offensive towards other people on the forum, which is unacceptable. Cheers :)

Community Hero

I'm not asking for censorship, I want people to be able to express themselves, just like you've managed to express yourself in your post above - thanks for explaining yourself clearly, by the way. We can express ourselves without being abusive and offending others, language is rich with hundreds, thousands of amazing words without using vulgar ones. I'm pretty sure that what you wrote would not be tolerated on XDA or Reddit either. It's great that you want to be part of this community, I hope you continue to join in discussions and make a positive contribution. And just to be clear, I'm not hero and certainly don't feel like one.

1 person likes this

Community Hero

I don't know why all your comments got deleted. I actually saw all of your posts, because I'm following this topic so I got all of your messages by email before they were deleted. I don't remember you writing anything insulting or abusive, but maybe the moderators disagree.

Honestly, I hope that was a typo. If you genuinely think I'm being a bully then that's very disappointing for me - please can you tell me what I've written that has hurt your feelings, been disrespectful or otherwise not met your expectations for polite discussion?

Community Hero

Hi Auki,

I've still been receiving your messages, even though they are not being posted here. I'll answer your criticisms of me:

• I can't ban you, I'm not a moderator. I don't want to ban you anyway.
  • I don't want a perfect utopia of good reviews and positive vibes. I've been critical of HMD and their phones in most of the threads in which I've posted. Constructive criticism from customers is essential for HMD to improve their phones - which is why I don't want to ban you, you've got some strong opinions and some good criticism which HMD should hear.
  • I haven't censored your ID, I have no ability to do that. My abilities on this forum are exactly the same as yours, I have the same buttons, the same links and the same set of rules to follow.
  • The only part I may have played in you losing the ability to post on these forums is that I reported one of your posts as inappropriate, using the "Report as inappropriate" button. I wasn't the only person to do this, at least one other did and probably others. You can also use this button to report any posts you think are inappropriate.
  • You being banned and silenced is not what I want, it never was. I want you to continue to participate in these forums in a constructive and respectful way. And, I must state again that your silence is nothing to do with me.
  • There is no censorship going on, I'm sure that the moderators don't have time to remove all negative comments.
  • And finally, the software that "brick fons ,causes issues and even delays updates" is definitely nothing to do with me.

So, my entire post was off topic. This is a good reason to use the "Report as inappropriate" button and report me for not following the forum rules. I expect that moderators will lock this topic soon.

Cheers :)

1 person likes this
,,it's essentially being sensored ,,but yeah thanks for the feedback ...

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment