The community forum

Join the conversation

Answered

Reboot loop "Powered by Android"

My Nokia 8 kept restarting for hours: a short vibrate, then "powered by ANDROID" for some 5 to 15 seconds, then boot cycle again. No other text, just black. The phone got fairly hot. I could not shut it down, no key combinations did work. After a long time (an hour?) it somehow got stopped and then the phone worked for a while. Unfortunately I had no time to explore the phone then. Suddenly the same thing started again. I connected the power cord to prevent the battery draining. The next time the phone shut down I left it charging overnight. Today the phone is cold and dead, no reaction. I bought it (SKU: 11NB1S01A03) last week.

Best Answer

Contact Nokia support online so that they can add you to their stats as yet another bootloop victim (I was one) and get them to talk you through a factory reset - alas you will lose everything on the phone, there's no alternative. That's assuming you can get it to power up at all with the cable in. If not then return it to where you bought it from for a full refund - I suggest that you don't settle for a replacement Nokia 8, choose & buy a different phone instead.

Answer

Contact Nokia support online so that they can add you to their stats as yet another bootloop victim (I was one) and get them to talk you through a factory reset - alas you will lose everything on the phone, there's no alternative. That's assuming you can get it to power up at all with the cable in. If not then return it to where you bought it from for a full refund - I suggest that you don't settle for a replacement Nokia 8, choose & buy a different phone instead.

1 person likes this

As much as i love my Nokia 8 it is beginning to feel a bit like we were the guinea pigs for HMD sadly.

1 person likes this
@MrBelter agree. This is maybe why new companies aren't reliable but we wouldn't be buying this phone if not for the Nokia branding. We just fell for the name.

1 person likes this

Thanks for your replies! I have returned the phone to the reseller. Did not contact Nokia support. I have bought some Nokias to my customers, I am hoping those will work.

Login to post a comment