The community forum

Join the conversation

trouble getting software updates

hi Nokia! i have a question. hoping that someone will reply. I havr trouble getting updates (MR and SP) for my nokia 6.1 every time i check it always says system up to date. im stuck with the june sec patch and build 2.22A which causes the rebooting. i tried contacting support and followed each instructions but to no avail still no update. is there something wrong with the device? it's august now. 2 months I've been experiencing the reboot and it's making me pissed actually.

1 person has this question

Same here stuck on June update here in the UK tried everything ppl have said on these forums but still stuck on the same update
damnn. not the only one. i thought that there's something wrong with my phone. are you still on build 2.22A? i'm wondering why some of us here already received the v2.22E and the july sec with same carrier and location. i feel bad because we can't do anything but wait.
Model-ta1050 Android version-8.1.0 Build number-00ww_2_22A_SP01 Android security patch level-1june 2018

I am stuck on 1st June patch, model TA-1043, build 22A

I also am stuck on 1st June patch, build 2.22A, model TA-1043. What's going on?

The original Nokia 6 just got the August update. It seems the 6.1 may be proving problematic for them, considering being Android One of should be easier. I suspect the August update will also bring a build update, and possibly updated firmware (phone side not OS).

1 person likes this
The original Nokia 6 just got the August update. It seems the 6.1 may be proving problematic for them, considering being Android One of should be easier. I suspect the August update will also bring a build update, and possibly updated firmware (phone side not OS). On 1 July patch did me, build 2.22H.
Change the sim carriers you are using they may the reason to stop the update, use different sim operator and check for a update, I am also stuck in the same way before even I am having an Indian model,,..
If the provider has to approve the updates we might as well sell these phones and get something else. The whole point of Android One is to be independent and up to date. Microsoft enabled it on Windows Phones to get the Insider updates directly and immediately, and since the phones are not getting the update from the carrier, but from Nokia, that is just an invalid excuse. It used to be the case and still is on non-Android One, carrier locked devices, but not on these. I'd like to reiterate Nokia 6 are already getting the August update. It could be a firmware or software bug preventing updates, hopefully it is fixed with the August update. I suspect though we, or at least some of us, may be waiting a while.

1 person likes this
Nothing can be certain in technology, confidence is OK, but do not be certain
@user1529883076460 what you said is very true I used to belong to the Microsoft insider program and got new updates as soon as they were released, but if nokia are saying its down to the carrier you are using what is the point of androidone and why advertise as androidone for timely updates

1 person likes this

Nothing can be certain in technology, confidence is OK, but do not be certain

I'm certain about at least two things: Nokia says that they released July patches a few weeks ago [1] and I didn't get it.

[1] https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/security-updates

2 people like this
I see nokiamob.net have said some 6.1 have not received the July update at least someone acknowledges we have got the July update
I think we should just wait before throwing our phones to trash cans. Many of us here in the philippines haven't receive the update and is still stuck on june sec. It's not on the carrier, i tried switching and nothing happened. there must be some problematic bug of the build for sure. i hope that nokia is fixing this now. this also happened last year on the Nokia 6 device but they fixed it.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment