The community forum

Join the conversation

Nokia 8 part of Android program?

Hello all

I've searched the forum and the internet but I'm not completely sure about this.

Is Nokia 8 part of the android One program? Because the 8 lacks of project Treble but I've read some articles stating nokia 8 will be part of the program (e.g. http://nokiamob.net/2018/02/26/nokia-3-5-6-and-8-will-join-android-one-program/)

So just to be sure, is the 8 part of the program?

Thanks!

Hello. I can not confirm if Nokia 8 is in Android One program. Nokia 8 is definitely in the program: Android Enterprise Recommended.
No, it's not.

1 person likes this
Nokia 8 will get android p update

Yes

Its not android one. All Nokia phones that shipped with oreo out of box are in android one like Nokia 6.1, Nokia x6, x5, 7plus and Nokia 8 Sirocco. However, Nokia has confirmed that it will get android pie, but not another major update after that.
HMD confirmed that ALL phones in their line up will be Android One devices from the Nokia 3 up.
I've a Nokia 8 and its not android one. Its stock android and will get security updates for two years as well as android p. And 8 Sirocco is android one. You can simply do a google search for Nokia android one phones and you'll find that the list is of all 2018 devices like 3.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7+, x6 and 8 Sirocco.
@terminusaquo that's what i've heard but it's never confirmed on their website...

@Pikachu HMD/Nokia committed to Android One across their ENTIRE LINEUP of devices which includes the Nokia 3, 5, 6 and 8 as well. Just because they aren't listed doesn't make it any less true.

@Pikachu. Sorry, but what you say isn't correct so. The Nokia 8 IS a Android smartphone. But it doesn't based on "Android One". And it hasn't "Project Treble", that's why it started with "Android Nougat". Nokia tells, that he Nokia 8 will arrived "Android Pie", too. When.?????
https://www.android.com/intl/en_in/one/?gclid=CjwKCAjw-8nbBRBnEiwAqWt1zXCB8lxLIfN-XCzX-GAkIoXfnLyVCTM_sohzPclya8aOFge2vatOtBoCbDUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CLeTg6u-7NwCFQihjgod0f0L0A Also don't ask me why Nokia didn't mention it, ask Nokia why. Go to the specification of Nokia 8, you'll not find android one written anywhere. Now android one devices are big deal, so if a device does support one, its mentioned. Another way is to download treble support app or dev check app from play store and it'll show you that it supports seamless updates but no treble. No treble=no android one. Also I've both Nokia 6.1 (a clearly mentioned android one phone) and Nokia 8 ( not mentioned anything but is a great phone and is going to update to android pie), when i boot Nokia 6.1 i get POWERED BY ANDROID ONE, but when i boot Nokia 8 i only get POWERED BY ANDROID. Also at the back of my Nokia 6.1 android one is mentioned.
Login to post a comment