We're upgrading

Be a part of the all-new
Nokia phones community,
coming soon.

Looking for the forum?

While we add the finishing touches to the new community, you can still browse the forum, but not create or edit posts.

Answered

Camera

Hello nokia , i purchased nokia 8 sirocco its just a waooo device every thing on it is just waoo..but when its come on camera i just feel ohh noo...camera is totally buggy one..it freezzz in potrait shots, lights are over exposed,pics are not good as it will be from nokia.Please update your camera apps nokia.Thank you

Best Answer
Hello, @user1533376582620 I also completely feel the same. So far Nokia hasn't been able to optmize their camera software for great results. They need some serious work in their camera department. There is no problem with their camera hardware just with their software. And I also remember Nokia used to be well known for their camera performance but now I don't have much to say until they figure out something.

Tech Wizard

Answer

Hello, @user1533376582620 I also completely feel the same. So far Nokia hasn't been able to optmize their camera software for great results. They need some serious work in their camera department. There is no problem with their camera hardware just with their software. And I also remember Nokia used to be well known for their camera performance but now I don't have much to say until they figure out something.
Yes brother i know its software issue..But as a brand nokia how they can release this premium set without checking this simple bug.Brand value should be maintain by nokia..camera is just below avg..in android Pie i think it will not solve becz nokia camera app needs to be update..Nokia pls take this as a serious issue pls fix the camera
Frelsesarmeen Therese same way. Fix the camera

Tech Wizard

Hello, @user1533376582620 just wanted to remind you that Nokia just released a new camera update with new features like Google Motion and others. So, you should be able to download the update from play store and see if the camera is improved and if it meets your expectation. Thank you. 

I use Google camera app from XDA. No root need. Super results. 

Sirocco vs XZ2 compact

https://photos.app.goo.gl/B9v21ygCPkCMSn7M8

Sirocco vs S8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WqhZuZmYXLX3FcRQ9

New app version is not so bad. Infact I compared low light photos taken inside and Sirocco with new app version does compete well enough with Iphone 8. Older version was not quite that good. First photo with apparently brighter one is taken with Sirocco and the other taken with iPhone. These are 100% crops. Depending on the angle of the camera Sirocco chose different exposure times which affected of course how bright the colors of my old radio look like. What do you think? And sorry, my crops are screen copies. It should not make any difference though

The update it is a bit better, but still very bad.

Can someone point me to a good Gcam port compatible with Sirocco that all the functionality (like the second camera zoom/focus, true HDR and faster with the Encanced HDR) ?

Thanks!

Right now i`m using the Arnova v8.3b1, and is well better than stock but slow-motion does not work and second camera it is useless (i think). I understand that some ports from Stark are better, but not sure witch.

P.S. If Nokia would allow the boot-loader to be unlocked it would be a lot better and more people would switch to Nokia. A lineage OS and true fully functioning Gcam on it will be the best device to date.

Login to post a comment