The community forum

Join the conversation

Why it is not possible to download OTA the Google OS updates in China?

Hello N7+ fellows.

I have a question to which somebody will be able to answer . Thank you.
I have a Nokia 7 Plus 3 months old today. It is TA-1062 model , build code 00WW. The set was purchased in Hong Kong.
Right from the beginning I was unable to update my Android 8.0 Oreo to 8.1 , although having notification there is an upgrade available. In late July 2018 I had a business trip to Singapore. When the set locked on hotel WiFi , suddenly all the updates have been downloaded and set updated to Android 8.1 and Security patch 1.July 2018. 
I returned back to China and on 14.Aug.2018 received Security patch 2018/08 which again I am unable dowload.
Prior to purchase of my Nokia 7 Plus in May 2018 I had a Nexus 5X running Oreo 8.1 DP 03 until something went wrong and I had to perform factory reset after which I was unable to "resuscitate" Nexus 5X. What I want to say , while using Nexus 5X , I had no problems of  downloading OTA Android beta DP for Nougat 7.0 and Oreo 8.0. Suddenly the matters changed.
I read somewhere in forums and explanation why this in China , but I lost the article. 
Would appreciate an explanation or direct me to the article which explains my issues in China.

Thank you.
Best regards 

Tom

Login to post a comment