I've updatet the app too, and It was just a shame.
* The Manual mode is completely broken: the app crashes.
* You can't set the Flash to always because the app says that it is not supported. WTF?
* Also where is the Black & White mode?
* While playing with the top options, the image suddenly gets freezed with the focus on the same point. Then it becomes unresponsive just a few seconds before saying "The app could not connect with the camera" (or something like that) and then closes itself.
This things must not happen in a production build! We're not testers, it looks like they never tried their own software before going live.
One day, the Nokia 8 was a flagship with all the media attention, and it was shiny.
Then, they passed to the 6.1 plus in India and our phones starts crashing becouse they're focused onto it.
Please Nokia, be serious. It's a really shame.
Manual mode doesn't crash for me, but it's very limited now anyway so you're not really missing anything particularly useful. It only has the following additional controls compared to regular :
- Exposure: Auto, evaluative, center weighted
- Focus: Auto, infinity, macro (so probably just infinity and as close as possible)
- White balance: Auto + the usual daylight/cloudy/etc. options
- Exposure compensation: From -2 stops to +2 stops in one stop increments.
reset the app setting, then manual mode is usable, but pro setting is still not showing up
The update for Nokia 8 was pulled because it is that buggy.