The community forum

Join the conversation

Android Pie Update for Nokia 6.1

Hey guys, could you please tell us when will you update Nokia 6.1 to Android Pie?

12 people have this question

pfffff, when it's ready and released....

MaxH
said about 10 hours ago

pfffff, when it's ready and released....

"Ask to everybody and Nokia your question, what you want to know, then some ignorant will come and tell you some ungracious and useless answer to let you know nothing, except that he doen't want people to get answers"

1 person likes this

Expect the upgrade to Android 9 Oct/Nov time frame. I'd really be surprised if it was earlier.

1 person likes this
That question can only be answered if they have a set time frame anyway in place. The disadvantage of a set time is whether it is ready or not by that time. If not ready, they could either release it and have people complain of issues, or not release it and have the same people complaining and asking they should have anyway. As it stands, the base code is Android 9.0 isn't quite release quality, so it will be at least several months I'd say. The release on current devices like the Nokia 7 Plus and Google devices will help speed up resolving the existing major bugs still present.
A flawless OS will never exist as there are constant changes and improvements to the code that introduce new issues. If they worked to eliminate all issues, security and otherwise, it basically means that the OS has stalled in development. This isn't unique to Android, Apple has these issues as well despite them having the easiest of circumstance. They also have the luxury of usership blindness, Apple can do no wrong and therefore the same OS issues that Android and Windows users complain about are rarely mentioned. Having very limited hardware to support is a huge bonus for them, but industry wide would be unsustainable as it would mean little to know component competition. This is important to drive innovation. The hardest OS due to what is required to support is Windows. I'm looking forward to Android 9.0 as well, but I doubt want that at the expense of reliability.
A flawless OS will never exist as there are constant changes and improvements to the code that introduce new issues. If they worked to eliminate all issues, security and otherwise, it basically means that the OS has stalled in development. This isn't unique to Android, Apple has these issues as well despite them having the easiest of circumstance. They also have the luxury of usership blindness, Apple can do no wrong and therefore the same OS issues that Android and Windows users complain about are rarely mentioned.
Having very limited hardware to support is a huge bonus for them, but industry wide would be unsustainable as it would mean little to know component competition. This is important to drive innovation. The hardest OS due to what is required to support is Windows. I'm looking forward to Android 9.0 as well, but I doubt want that at the expense of reliability.
Definitely not before the 7 plus. So, just wait for 7 plus to get then wait for like 2 months to get it.
Login to post a comment