The community forum

Join the conversation

Battery draining

I don't know why my phone's battery is draining so fast It drains 1 percent in just 2 to 3 minutes !!! I have mentioned this problem too many times but sad there's no response !!

I am getting 5 to 6 hours of screen on time easily
Awsm!! But that's not the case with me I am hardly getting 3 to 4 hours on a single full charge!!!

Is drain happening on mobile data or WiFi or in general (combined) ?

My first go would be to install Gsam battery monitor, grant additional privileges via adb and see if an app is a culprit.

Does the phone overheat in general usage ?

Are you on Oreo or Pie DP ?

Other possibilities :

- low signal (especially on mobile data)

- faulty SIM card (related to above)

- try turning off (if on) WiFi and BT scanning

I think in order to get a better answer, you will have to do a bit of research and give more data on the issue. :)

You could also try if drain is present in the safe mode.

In the end, factory reset might be a good option.

Personally, I'm getting around 7,5 hours of SOT (not playing games though) , so I had to double check if I'm in the right forum :)

Hi there!! I am on Android Oreo Battery draining is happening on both mobile data as well as wifi I have also done a factory reset but still my problem not solved Google play services eats alot of battery and I don't know what to do of it as I can't disable it

I suspect Location History. Is it enabled ? Could you disable it just to check.

Also, is wifi and BT scanning off ?

And , if it's already off, pls try and install Gsam battery monitor from app store, and grant adb permission to get more data from apps. Check apps in a while to see if any of the apps is a rogue one.

Login to post a comment