The community forum

Join the conversation

Headphone jack cuts out? Still randomly restarts.

Hey everyone, Have had a 6.1 for about 2 months now. I am having restart issues, even after there was a supposed update to fix that, but more importantly I'm finding some but not a ton of information regarding my 3.5mm jack woes. Periodically, when headphones are plugged in, they will just cut out randomly, but theusic will continue to play in app. Sound does not switch to speakers, it just goes silent. The only way to fix this is by removing the 3.5mm jack and reinserting it and pressing play again. This happens to me all of the time, and even more frequently while I have hps enabled and am running, or using maps for driving directions. Does anyone else have this problem or is my phone faulty? Is there any news of upcoming fixes? Is this a hardware issue or a software issue? Thanks

1 person has this question

Headphn jack is facing some issues for a couple days..when in play music bass boosting feature doesnt work showing the headphn absent.. unplugging the headphn ridiculously fix that..haha..yhis shud get fixed in next update.. HMD GLOBAL u there? Dont they give a crap to so many probs a huge num of ppl r facing buying their over priced phone?

I'm having the same exact issue you're describing. I don't know what the root of the problem is.

I have that too.  Usually I'm exercising so I can't re-insert the headphone jack, but if I wait I while I got a very loud crackle sound and then it starts working again.

It's been that way since I got this phone, but I've been working through the more serious bugs first like the camera and wifi not working.  This is one buggy phone!

Login to post a comment