The community forum

Join the conversation

Adaptive Display Issues Nokia 6.1 plus

Team,

I am facing problems in Adaptive display. The Auto brightness is not work working in Android One based devices[Nokia 8 sirroco, Nokia 6.1 plus, Nokia 7 Plus].

The issues, if i unlock the device in sunlight still it is in dark . i am not able to see it anything. 

This problem is not occurring in other devices.

kindly solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance

-Topic moved to Nokia 6.1 plus instead of ADP ~ by Laura-

3 people have this question

My screen goes completely dark after 30secs or more time when I watch Youtube in landscape mode and adaptive brightness is on (sound still playing). That happens no matter if there is lots or little of ambient light. Then I have to push the power button to put the phone in standby. Wait for the clock to appear on the standby screen. Wait. Then - with lots of hope - unlock the phone. In one of two cases the screen is still black. Then I have to rinse and repeat the power button/lock/unlock procedure.

Now I switched off the adaptive brightness and let youtube run movies. Lets see if that works. No issues until now. I will switch on my desk lamp and let it shine directly on the light sensor too later. But first normal lighing testing.

OK. Update: after about 10 minutes the screen went dark in the middle of the youtube movie. Sound still playing. No chance of getting it out of black screen by pressing home button, back or what ever.

I have to push the power button to put the phone in standby. Wait for the clock to appear on the standby screen. Wait. Then - with lots of hope - unlock the phone. In one of two cases the screen is still black. Then I have to rinse and repeat the power button/lock/unlock procedure.

It seems like the video signal got lost in translation completely.

If the screen goes dark and I just lock the phone and try to unlock it again, it stays dark again. I have to push the Home button when the screen is dark and the phone is unlocked. Then I have to lock and unlock it. Then I see the home screen again. Youtube still running in the background in portrait mode (not landscape).

It seems adaptive brightness is not the problem here. The going dark only happens (till now) when in landscape mode.

Very very annoying. I will do some research and if out of luck I will send it back to the store (again) for repair works.

Please Nokia make my phone great again!

Login to post a comment