The community forum

Join the conversation

Android 9 update

Need to know when is Nokia going to upgrade to latest Android

6 people have this question

No one knows, it hasn't even entered beta yet so its going to be months not days or weeks.

2 people like this
Thank you very much

If it entered beta tomorrow you could be looking at 6 weeks i guess but it all seems very quiet doesn't it :-(

Hope for the best and as fast as possible. :)
We didn't get beta version of oreo when it was released. Might be the same case with pie. I think they'll release the stable version directly.

1 person likes this

Both 8.0 and 8.1 were available as a beta before the stable versions were launched.

1 person likes this
Official @Nokiamobile Twitter account says Hi, the Android Pie is currently available for the Nokia 3, 5, 6 and 8, roll-out will be phased as usual to secure quality delivery. U can check out the tweet on Nokia mobile Twitter account
I didn't find any such tweet.
I have tweet link & screenshot of that tweet, but community moderation process can't giving permission to paste here social media links
@Appu Mali That's not correct, have a look at the replies to that tweet.

1 person likes this

Nokia Mobile
‏Verified account @Nokiamobile
Aug 7

Hi, the Android Pie is currently available for the Nokia 3, 5, 6 and 8, roll-out will be phased as usual to secure quality delivery.
26 replies 9 retweets 82 likes

Juho Sarvikas
‏Verified account @sarvikas
Replying to @Nokiamobile

OK so I don't think this is the case . Currently Nokia 7 Plus is the beta with Pie and we will have more news shortly on 7 Plus and other products

They clearly meant Oreo, not Pie.

1 person likes this
I have just copied and pasted that official Nokia mobiles tweet here, I don't know that's correct/wrong

Read the answer from Juho Sarvikas, he is chief product officer at HMD, I'd say he knows what he is talking about.

1 person likes this
He saying, will have more news shortly on 7 Plus and other products, what's that's meaning
Login to post a comment