We're upgrading

Be a part of the all-new
Nokia phones community,
coming soon.

Looking for the forum?

While we add the finishing touches to the new community, you can still browse the forum, but not create or edit posts.

Android 9 update

Need to know when is Nokia going to upgrade to latest Android

No one knows, it hasn't even entered beta yet so its going to be months not days or weeks.

Thank you very much

If it entered beta tomorrow you could be looking at 6 weeks i guess but it all seems very quiet doesn't it :-(

Hope for the best and as fast as possible. :)
We didn't get beta version of oreo when it was released. Might be the same case with pie. I think they'll release the stable version directly.

Both 8.0 and 8.1 were available as a beta before the stable versions were launched.

Official @Nokiamobile Twitter account says Hi, the Android Pie is currently available for the Nokia 3, 5, 6 and 8, roll-out will be phased as usual to secure quality delivery. U can check out the tweet on Nokia mobile Twitter account
I didn't find any such tweet.
I have tweet link & screenshot of that tweet, but community moderation process can't giving permission to paste here social media links
@Appu Mali That's not correct, have a look at the replies to that tweet.

Nokia Mobile
‏Verified account @Nokiamobile
Aug 7

Hi, the Android Pie is currently available for the Nokia 3, 5, 6 and 8, roll-out will be phased as usual to secure quality delivery.
26 replies 9 retweets 82 likes

Juho Sarvikas
‏Verified account @sarvikas
Replying to @Nokiamobile

OK so I don't think this is the case . Currently Nokia 7 Plus is the beta with Pie and we will have more news shortly on 7 Plus and other products

They clearly meant Oreo, not Pie.

I have just copied and pasted that official Nokia mobiles tweet here, I don't know that's correct/wrong

Read the answer from Juho Sarvikas, he is chief product officer at HMD, I'd say he knows what he is talking about.

He saying, will have more news shortly on 7 Plus and other products, what's that's meaning
Login to post a comment